There are a lot of people who are guilty of getting tattoos that they regretted. These are the people who tattoo a lovers name on their body. These are the same people who get a tattoo of a short lived fad or celebrity. These are the most common tattoos that people end up regretting, but there are many folks who simply outgrow their tattoos as they age. As the skin ages and sags, tattoos can look more unattractive as time goes by. The ink in the tattoos can also leak out causing the tattoo to lose shape. There are plenty of reasons that people feel the need top get their tattoos removed. If this is something that has happened to you, do not fear. It is possible to get a tattoo removed. Getting a tattoo removed is not exactly cheap, but it can be done. Consider all of your options carefully.
- Excision- It is possible to have a tattoo removed by surgically removing it. This can be done without knocking the patient completely out, but by numbing the area. The doctor then removes the tattooed skin. This is best for small tattoos, but another excision method allows the doctors to remove large tattoos. This is done by expanding and stretching the existing skin to cover the area of the tattoo. Scarring will occur with both methods of excision. There is not a lot of pain involved in this method of tattoo removal. It is one of the most effective in getting rid of a tattoo for good.
- Laser Removal: It is also possible to remove a tattoo using laser surgery. Laser surgery may require many visits and treatments. A laser is used to dissolve the ink in the skin. The laser cracks into the ink causing it to slowly break down. This is a painful method of tattoo removal. It is also one that comes with a hefty price tag. If you have to go back for multiple visits, which can be expected, you could be looking to pay thousands of dollars.
- Dembrasion- This is an old method of removing a tattoo. Caustic acids and others substances like sandpaper and salt were used to remove tattoos before laser surgery and other options became available.
- Glycolic Peels-This method of tattoo removal is not the most effective unless you have a home made tattoo. The ink in home made tattoos does not penetrate into the skin very deeply and are easy to remove.
- Microdembrasion- This method is not nearly as effective as any of the other methods for removing a tattoo. This method is also very painful. While microdebrasion may not be very effective, it is cost friendly.
- Old School Methods- Back in the fourth century folks used turpentine and saltpeter to remove tattoos. This was a painful method that often caused infection and serious scarring. The area was scrubbed with salt and the process was repeated for up to twenty days. Sandpaper was also used to remove the skin.
Stress can leave you feeling up tight and edgy. Chronic stress can cause a number of health problems if left untreated. Relieving your stress could end up changing your day to day happiness level, your relationships, and your health. There are a number of different ways to get rid of stress. You will have to endure a trial and error process of activities and treatments until you find a treatment that works for you.
- Happy Thoughts- In the classic story of Peter Pan you only needed to think happy thoughts and you would be able to fly to Never land. It may sound silly, but you should try thinking positively about negative situations. When you feel bogged down or stressed out, think about something that makes you happy. It does not matter what it is just as long as it gives you a feeling of euphoria. It could be the thought of a loving smile from your spouse or the thought of a piping hot meal that gets you through the roughest parts of your day
- Spend More Quality Time- Spending more quality time with the people that you love and doing the things that you love. Take your pet for a long walk on a nice day or go out and grab a sit down meal with your family. Do something together with your husband or wife that shows them how much you care about them. Spend more time taking part in activities that you enjoy doing. Taking more time for yourself and for your family can do wonders for your stress levels.
- Pray, Meditate, Or Whatever- Be sure to sit down and take some quiet time every day. You could spend this time praying. If you are not someone who has a religion you can choose to meditate. You can spend twenty minutes or so soaking in a hot tub or a whirlpool. Get a massage or a facial. Do something to pamper yourself that will allow you time to yourself to collect your thoughts.
- Diet And Exercise- Working out is the last thing you want to do when you are stressed out, but exercise can help your body to produce and release endorphins in your brain that make you feel better. These chemicals leave you feeling less on edge and happier. You can also make changes in your diet that will help reduce the amount of stress you feel. Eating better can provide you with a boost of energy that can help you tackle the tasks of your day so that you do not feel so stressed out.
- Turn Off The Television- It is nice to kick back in front of the television at the end of a long hard day to watch the news, but it has been proven the the new programming adds extra stress the lives of millions of people everyday. Instead of watching the news you should go out with your friends and see the world, instead of just watching the current events.
Muscle soreness can be caused by a number of different things. Most of the time it is caused by over exertion of the muscles. There is no need to go to a doctor is you are suffering from sore muscle unless the pain is so intense and strong that you cannot bear it. Muscle soreness is a condition that will subside or go away completely in just a few days time. The number one thing you can do for muscle soreness is to give it time and to identify why you are experiencing muscle soreness to begin with. There are a few at home treatment options that you can try to ease your pain in the meantime.
- Pain Reliever- There are a number of over the counter pain relievers that will help take the sting out a muscle soreness. You can choose ibuprofen or you can opt for acetaminophen. You should try to take a pain reliever that contains an anti inflammatory to help ease the pain and the cause of the muscle soreness you are experiencing.
- Massage The Area- Try having a friend, family member, or your spouse rub and massage the area that is sore. Have them massage the area in a counter clockwise motion. Apply varying degrees of pressure to see what feels the best to you. Getting a professional massage is sure to take away muscle soreness. Regardless of who you get to give you a massage, a massage can work out some of the stiffness that is causing you muscle soreness to begin with
- Alternate Hot And Cold Compresses- You can also try to apply a hot compress to the area that is causing you pain for a period of about fifteen minutes. Once sufficient time has passed you can then opt to apply a cold compress to the same area for fifteen minutes also. The hot and cold should relieve your pain. You should do these everyday until your pain subsides. Adding ice to your cold compresses can not only help keep them cold for a longer period of time, the ice can reduce any swelling or inflammation that may be the cause of your muscle soreness.
- Soak- Take a nice long hot bath that last for at least twenty minutes. You can opt to get into the bath tub, steam shower, or hot tub. Spending time in any of these places will help relieve your pain. The heat can do wonders for sore muscles.
- Anti-Inflammatory Medications- If you are experiencing unbearable pain you can ask your doctor to prescribe you an anti-inflammatory medication that will ease the swelling that is causing the muscle soreness to begin with.
- Common Sense- Before any kind of physical activity you should stretch. Stretching can help limber up your muscle to ensure that you do not receive an injury or sore muscles in the first place. You should also be sure that you get plenty of rest when suffering from muscle soreness. The extra rest can help you heal faster.
Smoking can cause you thousands of dollars each and every year. It also can cause a number of serious health conditions like lung cancer, emphysema, and other various forms of cancer. Smoking also produces second hand smoke which can be harmful to your friends, loved ones, and any other people who come in contact with the smoke. Smoking can also cause a number of heart related health problems. While it may be difficult to quit smoking, you can kick the habit to the curb for good if you choose to. The power is in your hands.
- Get Rid Of Your Cigarettes, Ashtrays, and Lighters- Get rid of anything that is related to smoking. If you truly intend on quitting you will not need to keep any of these items.
- Get in a Program- There are plenty of support groups for people who are trying to quit smoking. You can find plenty of resources for information at these support groups. These groups are great for when you need someone to talk to that will keep you from smoking.
- Get The Patch Or Gum- May folks have found the nicotine gum or the nicotine patch helpful when they were trying to quit smoking. The patch and the gum supply you with just enough nicotine to keep the receptors in your brain from going crazy because they are craving nicotine. While the gum is said to taste bitter and like chemicals, if you are really serious about quitting you will be more than willing to try anything at least once.
- Ask Your Doctor For Help- There are plenty of prescription medications that can help you quit smoking. Chantix is one of the most popular prescription drugs to help folks quit smoking. These drugs may be effective, but there are some serious side effects involved in taking these kinds of medications. Some of these side effects can include suicidal thoughts.
- Get Some Candy or Gum Instead of a Cigarette- The next time you have a craving for a cigarette, try eating some candy or chewing some gum. Find something to occupy your mouth as well as your hands when you feel the urge to smoke. Play a video game or take a walk outside. Clean your house. Do anything that you can to resist the urge to smoke.
- Drink Water- A lot of people feel the need to eat when they are not smoking or when they are craving a cigarette. This can lead to unwanted weight gain. To curb this problem you should try drinking water whenever you have a craving to smoke or whenever you want to eat.
- Meditate- If you feel the urge to smoke you can try to do some yoga or meditate. Do something that makes you feel calm and at peace. You can do something as simple as taking a few deep breaths until you no longer feel the urge to smoke. You will be feeling better in no time if you seriously want to quit smoking.
Piles are also known as hemorrhoids. Many people find themselves embarrassed by this fairly common condition, but so many people suffer from it. This condition can be very painful as well. There are many theories as to what causes piles, but there is not any rock solid evidence to back up any of the known theories. Piles is a condition that is caused by the loss of blood flow to the veins in the anus. There are plenty of treatment options that you can try in attempt to relieve some of your pain. Some are more cost effective and work better than others. What works for some may not work for others.
- Keep It Clean- Keep your anal area as clean as possible. Use antibacterial soap to keep the area clean of infection. Using any other kind of soap is going to irritate the problem even further. Also try to keep the area as dry as possible. Try to avoid using a towel to dry the area. You can opt to use a hair dryer to keep the area from being irritated.
- Soak in A Hot Bath- If the symptoms of piles begin piling up you can soak in a warm or hot bath for a period of fifteen minutes or so. This can help keep the area clean as well as reduce the swelling that is often associated with piles. You can also choose to add medicated bath salts to your bath to help provide some relief from piles.
- Over the Counter Creams and Ointments- There are tons of over the counter treatments that you can use that relieve itching and a number of other symptoms. You can choose from gels to creams from a variety of well trusted brands. There are also pads that you can place on the area to relieve some of the itching and swelling. The price and effectiveness of this medication can vary. You can find these medications at most retail stores or drug stores.
- Avoid Dry Toilet Paper- Instead of using regular dry toilet paper, try using towelettes that have been moistened or medicated. This will not only help inflammation, you will get much cleaner. These wipes can help provide you with some relief from the pain of your piles.
- Eat Fiber And Drink Water- Keeping yourself hydrated and full of fiber can help avoid piles in the first place. You can also drink prune juice. The key is to keep things flowing smoothly. Eating foods that are full of grains can help things go more smoothly as well.
- Do Not Sit Or Strain- When you have piles you should avoid sitting for long periods of time. This will only make your condition worse. Try to get up and walk around to get things flowing again. You should also try not to strain while using the bathroom. Get up and take a break if things are not moving. You should avoid sitting on the toilet for an extended period of time as well.
Nail fungus can cause a number of problems and issues with your fingernails and toenails. Nail fungus can cause the nails to look yellow or black in appearance and can also cause the nails to thicken. The nail may separate itself from the nail bed when nail fungus is present. This condition can also dull the appearance of the nails as well as cause them to put off a foul odor. Nail fungus is a completely treatable condition. This is not a dangerous or deadly condition, but it can be painful and embarrassing. There are a number of treatment options available for nail fungus for you to consider.
- Oral Medications- There are a number of oral medications that you can take to help treat nail fungus. Oral anti fungal medications like Itraconazole, Diflucan, and Lamisil are all oral anti fungal treatment options for nail fungus. These are treatment options that you will have to see a doctor to get. These oral anti fungal medications are very effective in treating nail fungus.
- Nail Removal- It is not recommended to remove your nail yourself. In fact, this is a treatment option that is only recommended after you have tried everything else. You can get your doctor to remove the nail for you if you wish. This treatment option is for those who are experiencing extreme pain and have not found relief with any other treatment option.
- Soak Your Feet- You should soak the affected nails in Listerine mouth wash mixed with white vinegar for a period of about fifteen minutes each and every day. You can set the water aside after each use for the next time that you intend on soaking your feet.
- Clip Your Nails- Keep your nails clean and trimmed. Fungus and bacteria can grow underneath of your nails. Keeping your toenails and fingernails in the best shape possible can not only help prevent nail fungus, it can help the problem from getting any worse.
- Vicks Vapor Rub- This medication is not just used for colds anymore. Apply Vicks Vapor Rub to the nails that are affected. You should apply this cream at least two times a day and be sure to thoroughly wash your hands after each and every application.
- Nail RX- This is an over the counter treatment option for nail fungus. This is a topical treatment that you can apply directly to your nails. It has a sweet smell and is full of natural ingredients to help fight nail fungus without heavy medications. It is inexpensive and it promotes overall nail health.
Once you have gotten rid of nail fungus, there are a number of things that you can do to avoid getting the condition again. Make sure to change your socks and shoes on a regular basis if you are someone who sweats a lot. You should also be sure to use common sense and keep your feet as clean and as dry as possible. Fungus thrives in wet and warm areas.
There are a million and one different reasons to get rid of a mole. It can be in an unattractive place on the body or it can be large and unsightly. Regardless of why you want to get rid of a mole there are only two options when it comes to removing a mole. Both options in mole removal require you to make an appointment with your dermatologist. Mole removal requires an outpatient procedure that is rather painless and quick regardless of which of the two methods that you choose.
- Surgery Option One- The first type of surgery to remove moles can heal without the use of stitches. The doctor will take a scalpel and scrap the mole down until it is just below the skin. Any bleeding that occurs is stopped with a special solution. The area is then cleaned and bandaged. This method does allow for the mole to possibly grow back. An antibiotic cream is often prescribed to keep the area clear of infection. This is a relatively painless procedure, but it sure will not be a walk in the park.
- Surgery Option Two- This surgery option to remove moles requires the use of stitches to heal properly. This kind of surgery is more for moles that cannot be scraped down or are very dark in appearance. The area not only has to be sterilized by the doctor, it also must be numbed to reduce the amount of pain that you feel. The doctor will then cut out the mole. You can expect a decent amount of skin around the area to come out along with the mole as well. Stitches are then put in to help the area heal on the inside and outside of the wound. The inside stitches will safely dissolve over time, but you will need to make a follow up appointment to have the outside ones removed. This procedure is a bit more costly and also more painful.
- Derma Tend- This is a topical skin treatment that states that it can remove moles better than the surgical alternatives. It is a lot less costly than surgical options and has a high rate of approval among it’s users.
- Laser Therapy- This is not the most effective way to remove a mole, but laser therapy can work for some people who have very light moles. It is also a very expensive option.
- Cryosurgery- This procedure is where the mole is exposed to liquid nitrogen in an attempt to freeze the mole off. This is a very expensive treatment options and it also leaves a high chance of scarring.
- Electrosurgery- This is an method in where an electrical charge is applied directly to the mole. The current burns the mole and the doctor can then simply cut it off. Users of this method can expect to see some scarring. This therapy does not promise that the moles will not come back. It does require some tolerance for pain as the process can be painful for some.
You cannot exactly get rid of menopause because it is a natural part of a woman’s life. Menopause marks the end of the child bearing years for women. Ladies do not take this change of life lightly. It is a problem that can cause a long list of symptoms and side effects that are quite uncomfortable. Some of these side effects and symptoms can be rather embarrassing as well. There are a few things that you can do to treat the symptoms of menopause to make the transition a bit more smooth.
- Hormonal Replacement Therapy - This is a very popular treatment option that can ease the symptoms of menopause. Most women seem to prefer this treatment because it is painless and does not affect their lifestyle very much. A pill or a shot can be given on a regular basis that will help level out the hormones that are going crazy in your body. The boost of estrogen can help relieve the symptoms of menopause. There are a few risks involved in seeking hormone replacement therapy. You should discuss the pros and cons of this treatment option with your doctor. You will have to see your doctor anyway if you plan on seeking this type of treatment.
- Kegal Exercises - These type of exercises are meant to tighten the pelvic muscles. Women should squeeze their pelvis muscles as tightly as they can and hold it for as long as they can. This can help with bladder control. These exercise can also increase the amount of pleasure that a woman experiences during sexual intercourse.
- Herbs – There are a number of herbs that are said to relieve the symptoms of menopause. Black cohosh and dong quai root are two of the most popular herbs in treating menopause symptoms. Those who suffer from diabetes should not take black cohosh. Dong quai root is said to help reduce the number of hot flashes women experience.
- Change Your Lifestyle - Adding a few changes to your diet and lifestyle can lessen the amount of symptoms that you experience because of menopause. Start eating better foods and working out on a regular basis. Even if you just take a twenty minute walk two or three times a week it can make a huge impact on how you feel on a day to day basis. Avoid drinking caffeine. It can make the symptoms of menopause worse. You should also avoid spicy foods and make sure that you get plenty of sleep every night. Drink plenty of water as well. Do not let stress build up in your life. Use common sense to help you avoid triggers for menopause symptoms.
- Take A Vitamin - Start taking a daily vitamin for women. Make sure that it has everything that a woman at menopause age needs on a daily basis. Be sure that you are getting the proper amount of minerals as well. People often forget that minerals are just as important as vitamins. Be sure that your vitamin has both.
A male yeast infection is caused by the same kind of yeast and infection that cause yeast infections in women. It is an uncomfortable condition that can cause the skin to turn red with patches of red bumps that are prone to itch. Yeast infections feed off of the yeast that naturally occurs in the body. This is a condition that is most commonly spread through direct sexual contact with an infected person. This condition can be serious if left untreated. You can easily take care of the problem by making an appointment with your doctor. There are a few treatment options that can make your symptoms a little more bearable.
- Oral Antibiotics- To stop a yeast infection dead in it’s tracks an oral antibiotic is often prescribed by most doctors. Oral antibiotics can cure the yeast infection from the inside of your body and you will see the results as the redness and itchy skin subsides. Common oral antibiotics that are prescribed for a male yeast infection include Diflucan, and Nizoral.
- Topical Ointments- Topical creams and ointments like Monistat 7 can be added directly to the affected area to provide instant relief. These creams and ointments can be purchased at any local drugstore.
- Common Sense- If you are suffering from a male yeast infection the smartest thing that you can do as a treatment option is to practice using common sense. Do not scratch the area because it will only cause the infection to spread. Keep the area clean and dry. Yeast thrives in wet and warm conditions. Use an antibacterial soap to keep the area from becoming more infected. Avoid perfumes or other items that might agitate the skin even more. Be sure to get plenty of sleep so that your body has all of the energy that it needs to fight off the infection. There are several books that you can purchase that can pump you full of information about how to treat and how to avoid male yeast infections in the future.
- Powder The Area- Using body power to dust on the area that is affected can help keep from irritating the skin even further. Body powder can prevent the area from chafing and drawing more moisture, which can only cause the problem to get worse.
- Yeastrol- This is a rather expensive treatment option, but it has been highly rated by people who have used it. It can be used by both men and women. In one month this product promises to kick the yeast infection. It has no harmful side effects either.
- Natural At Home Remedies- There are a number of home remedies for male yeast infections that are inexpensive and effective. Tea tree oil, garlic, apple cider vinegar, and olive leaf extract are all popular at home natural remedies to treat a male yeast infection. Elm powder is also another powerfully effective treatment against male yeast infections. Some of these treatments you apply directly to the area that is affected.
Hypothyroidism is a disease that does not affect a lot of people. It can mess up the body’s rate of metabolism. You will have to see a doctor to find out whether or not you have this disease for certain or not. There are a few treatment options for Hypothyroidism that can provide you with some relief. You must seek medical attention to receive the proper treatment for this disease. You cannot start feeling better until you take action. Make an appointment to talk to a specialist today.
- Diet- Changing your diet can help treat many of the problems you may experience because of Hypothyroidism. Many of the symptoms of Hypothyroidism make getting through the day a challenge. Eating better can help with the weight issues you may or may not be experiencing. Most people who have this disease gain weight very easily. A change in diet can also treat the depression that is often associated with Hypothyroidism. Eating better can help give you the energy that you need to go and exercise so that you have a better chance of losing weight.
- Hormone Replacement- If you are suffering from Hypothyroidism you may want to consider hormone replacement as one of your treatment options. You will have to talk to your doctor about whether hormone replacement is the right treatment option for you. Hormone replacement is often recommended to correct and treat the ailments that Hypothyroidism causes. This can be done in a variety of different ways. There is a shot form that you can get at the doctor or your doctor may prescribe you some hormone pills which you should take on a regular basis to stay healthy
- Vitamins and Supplements- You should try to boost your immune system in any way that you can. You could start taking a vitamin supplement that is right for your age, weight, and gender. Try to make sure that you get all of the minerals that your body needs on a daily basis. You should also make sure that you are not medicating yourself too much.
- Work Out- The symptoms and side effects of Hypothyroidism make working out feel like a chore. Although you may not feel like it, try to at least get up and walk for twenty minutes every day. Once you have kept up with the routine you will feel better enough to start walking for thirty minutes everyday. Not only will you lose weight, you will feel better about yourself.
- Use Common Sense- If you have Hypothyroidism do not stuff yourself silly on junk food. Make smart decision in your diet and in your lifestyle. If you are a smoker, kick the habit to the curb. If you tend to drink alcoholic beverages, don’t sip another drink. Dropping these bad habits will add to the value of your overall health. Instead of taking the elevator up a flight of stairs you should choose to walk instead. These simple things can help you beat the symptoms and side effects of Hypothyroidism.