A cold sore can be an annoying problem on your face. It does not have to stick around for too long though. You can get a cold sore taken care of if you use a few proper items to make sure that you keep your skin covered. These ideas are great because they are more natural in tone and should not create any difficult side effects.
- Petroleum based items can be used for getting rid of cold sores. Naturally-prepared petroleum jelly can be used to keep cold sores under control by keeping bacteria from getting into the area. It can also be used to improve the ways how the skin can heal.
- Coconut oil is a naturally occurring item that is capable of easing cold sores. These can be used to keep the itching from the cold sore from being too strong. It is also used to soothe the skin to keep it looking as well as it can. It should be mixed well and applied daily for the best results.
- Ice from water could be used carefully. This can be used to keep the cold sore down to where it will not grow as quickly as it could. It also reduces the sensitivity of the cold sore and keeps it from itching too much. This should help you to keep the cold sore from being worse than it has to be.
- Use clean materials when you are trying to handle things on your face. This includes using a new toothbrush that hasn’t been impacted by any of the bacteria that might have come from your cold sore. This could help you to keep your condition under control to where it will not be too much of a hassle for you to handle.
There are a few preventative measures that you should be using if you are going to get rid of cold sores. These are used to keep the natural balance of your skin under control without risking anything on it:
- Don’t apply any makeup to a cold sore. That will only make the cold sore worse.
- Adding excess pressure to a sore may only cause the bacteria to move deeper into the skin.
- Make sure that you clean your skin before applying anything over cold sores. This makes it easier for things to get in.
- Don’t consume anything that might be acidic. Acids from food can make cold sores worse.
The procedures that you can use for getting rid of a cold sore need to be used carefully. This is needed so you can prepare something that is attractive and useful for whatever you want to get to keep your sore from being too much of a hassle. It’s a real necessity to see when finding something that should be used the right way to keep your skin comfortable and to get rid of your sore sooner.