The mouth is considered the dirtiest part of the human body based on the number of bacteria that can be found in it compared to our rectum. Although the presence of bacteria is normal in our mouth, having too much of it may not be acceptable anymore. Bacteria can lead to cavities. You may have experienced your own scenarios of shouting out loud because of tremendous pain pulsating from your molars. Imagine the intensity of pain if it was your wisdom tooth that was affected. I’m sure that you have either gone through this situation or may know someone who has. No matter the cost, you need to make sure that you get rid of cavities. There is no other way of getting rid of cavities than to get rid of the root cause which is bacteria.
Here are tips on how to get rid of cavities and have a healthier mouth.
1. Bacteria are fond of sugar. When you have had a load full sweets eaten without brushing your teeth afterward, you can be certain that a feast will take place in your mouth with bacteria as guests. This is not only due to your candies and chocolates, but even to your natural fruit juices that contain natural sugars. Make sure to brush your teeth after every meal that you get in a day. If you are quite behind schedule, you can make use of your mouthwash.
2. For those who love chewing gum after having a feisty meal, you are already in the right track with doing your part in getting rid of bacteria. When you chew gum, the secretion of saliva is stimulated. This can lessen bacterial presence and growth. However, you need to make sure that you don’t continue chewing gum over 20 minutes because this will already have the opposite effect.
3. For vegetarians, you may notice that you do not have foul smelling breath even if you are not able to brush your teeth right away after your meal. This is because vegetables are known to have natural teeth cleaners. You can grab a bite of celery, carrots, etc. right after having a meal rich in carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are broken down in the mouth into starch. Starch is greatly loved by bacteria.
4. You can make use of your herbal tea after meals. It is known to have not only a cleansing effect to the body but also to your teeth. It helps lessen bacterial growth and promote good health.
5. Mouth rinsing after a quick snack can help wash away bacteria from the mouth. You can do this during those snacks while you are on the go.
Simply make use of the above-mentioned tips to make your teeth become healthier and make your mouth cavity free. Remember that no bacteria means having no cavities as well. So take out and prevent bacterial growth to get rid and prevent cavities.