Chafing is known to be the occurrence of skin irritation in a specific area of your skin which may be caused by repeated friction with another material such as the clothing you wear. You may have already experienced this without actually knowing that it is already chafing. Most of the reasons behind chafing is because of the choice of fabric for the clothes you wear or the material that you use in your suits or costume. You will feel that the irritation would worsen when you sweat. It may start with a small itch until the skin irritation would start to become worse especially when left untreated. This can also be caused by the frequent positions you do in day like when you are at work or in school.
Here are some tips in order to get rid of chafing.
1. The first thing you should do is to know the root cause. This will help you come up with a good solution to treat chafing. For chafing that is caused by the type of fabric of your clothing, you may want to consider purchasing or using a different set of clothes rather than the ones you already got used to wearing. If you are not quite sure about the kind of material used in manufacturing the clothing that you wish to purchase, never hesitate to query the sales representative. They will be able to provide you with information regarding not only the kind of material used but also what type of material will be best for you.
2. If you are allergic to certain fabric, chafing may be worsened. Make sure to consult a specialist regarding the presence of any allergies to specific fabrics. When purchasing clothing, make sure to ask the attendant about the kind of material used.
3. Make sure that the clothing you wear fits you perfectly. When clothing is too tight, constant contact may lead to chafing. When purchasing clothing or sports attire, you can choose clothing that has adjustment straps to be able to adjust the fit to your most comfortable fit.
4. For those who already have chafing, make sure to avoid situations that may worsen it. For those who have chafing and are going out to the beach or out for a walk on a sunny day, make sure to wear sunscreen. You may also wear clothing that can help protect the area with chafing from sunburn.
5. Make sure to keep the area with chafing clean and dry. You can make use of face towels and your hypo-allergenic powder.
6. You can also ask your dermatologist for the best ointment to be used if ever you have chafing. They can provide you with the best ointments to use to treat chafing. They can also provide you with the best advice to avoid chafing from happening again and disturbing the integrity of your skin.