How To Get Rid of Dark Elbows
Dark elbows are often not a pretty sight. Women in particular often cover them up because they are embarrassed to show them off.
Learning how to get rid of dark elbows for good requires some amount of knowledge. However, it also requires some amount of patience.
Usually elbows will darken because of a buildup of dead skin cells. Dirt, oil, and debris buildup could be another cause. Genetics also in some cases plays a part.
The Removal Process
Learning how to get rid of dark elbows requires some effort on your part. Using one or more home methods is recommended.
Home ingredients and methods used to treat darkened elbows are shown below (one or more of these applied daily):
- Aloe vera-All you need is a fresh leaf of aloe that has been cracked open. You can use the gel inside this leaf over your dark skin patches. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off. You should do this once or twice a day.
- Skin bleach-This is only recommended if a more natural solution does not work. You can try Ambi Fade Cream or Nadinola Extra Strength Formula or similar brand. These are said to be extremely effective.
- Lemon-The acid in the juice of this fruit can help remove darkened skin. The antioxidant properties in this fruit make a world of difference. Just slice a lemon in half and let each one of your elbows sit on a lemon half for 10 to 15 minutes.
Then, rinse off the remaining lemon juice and pat each elbow dry with a clean cloth. Do this one or two times every day.
- Olive oil and sugar-These ingredients combined help moisturize and scrub the skin. Dead skin cells are removed so that new skin cells can grow. Thus, your natural color returns.
- Coconut with lime-You can mix ½ teaspoon of lime with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Mix this together and apply it on your skin to absorb for 10 to 15 minutes. Then, wipe off the excess mixture using a paper towel.
- Mustard oil-This is a substance that can help nourish and heal your skin. All you need to do is massage mustard oil into the affected discolored spot until the substance is absorbed. After about 10 to 15 minutes rinse off the mustard with warm water. You can do this every day.
You can use sunscreens or moisturizers to help protect your skin and prevent darkening. Coconut oil works well for this but you can use normal body lotion.
Furthermore, not putting your elbows on the table are more than just good manners. It can actually help reduce and get rid of dark elbows.
You should also realize that if you really want to take care of this unsightly skin problem for good, regular care is needed. Meaning, you have to observe healthy skin care and moisturizing tips daily versus occasionally.
Furthermore, just using sunscreen may not be the only answer. You also need to remember to avoid the hot noonday sun as much as possible and use waterproof sunscreen when swimming.