Lip wrinkles are often caused by too much exposure to pollution and bacteria. They also may be a result of too much sunlight. Cigarette smoking also might cause this problem.
About Your Lips
The skin on your lips is very thin, just like it is on your neck. This is one reason why your lips are one prime spot for wrinkling, because the thinner the skin the more likelihood of wrinkle prevalence.
Sometimes your lips repair themselves as natural collagen is produced by the body. However, as a person ages the production of this substance decreases.
In addition to the aforementioned, causes of lip wrinkling are presented below:
- Drying of the lips and/or removal of the lips natural “balm”
- Exposure to extreme cold or extreme heat
- Eating a poor diet
It is important for you to take care of your lips. This will help you remove the sign of wrinkles that make you look older. The common theme of these care tips below is in the way you keep your lips moisturized.
Some practical anti-wrinkle care tips are shown below:
- Drink plenty of water. This will help keep your lips moist throughout the day.
- Use a lip balm with a sunscreen. A minimum 15 SPF product to cover your lips when you go outside is recommended. This will help prevent drying that is caused by too much sunlight.
- Use lotion or other hydrating substance. Using the right moisturizing product can help keep your lips healthy.
- Stop smoking. Quitting the use of cigarettes would help immensely, as nicotine is one cause of wrinkling.
- Regular exfoliate treatments are recommended. This gentle scrubbing process helps renew the cell growth process to help you smile prettier.
- Limit exposure to the sun. You should especially stop going out at noonday when the sun is the hottest, if you can at all help it.
- Seek professional treatments. These are costly and risky, but you can receive collagen or Botox injections for your lips. Laser treatments might also help enhance your lips and provide semi-permanent to permanent removal of wrinkles.
You may be overwhelmed by the number of over-the-counter anti-wrinkle products used for moisturizing lips. You may not even know where to begin to make your decision. How is a person really supposed to know what is best for this delicate location of the body?
It may take a bit of trial and error on your part, but for now any lotion or serum with AHA (alpha hydroxyl acid) can help get rid of wrinkles. You can use moisturizers made of natural products such as milk, sugar can, or fruit which happen to have AHA present in them.
Retinol is another substance that is commonly used in various anti-wrinkle solutions. Using this product is very useful for before bed time and after you take a bath. The same is true when you use any hydrating product that has Vitamin E or Vitamin A-based substances in them.
Another option of cosmetic care available today is the balms that have hyaluronic acid, which helps the lips hold moisture. The result is fuller lips and fewer wrinkles.