Blotchy skin is often a result of being over-exposed to sun rays. A word often used to describe this condition is “freckles” but they are also called sun spots.
Avoiding the Sun
If you avoid the sun, you can solve numerous problems. One of these problems resolved is the getting rid of or reducing chance that sun spots will appear on your body. This may be good news for people who have lighter skin who are naturally-included to getting freckles.
Of course, preventing yourself from sun exposure is not always possible. Therefore, you are advised to wear some kind of sunscreen or protective clothing.
If you want to protect yourself from the sun you should also wear long skirts and pants and you should also wear turtlenecks and long sleeve shirts. A sunscreen with a SPF of 15 or higher is also recommended.
Of course, additional measures besides avoiding the sun may be needed. You can choose from among these kinds of treatments.
- Non-Ablative Skin Rejuvenation-This is a non-invasive sun spot removal technique. This system makes use of natural light impulses that help re- activate dying skin cells.
It is a rejuvenation process that works in a similar way as the photosynthesis process works for plants. It stimulates cell energy, and results are noticed after using about 8 to 10 times along with application of vitamin skin creams.
- Alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA)-This is a substance that typically comes from dairy products and fruits. Aside from sun spots and other problems it also helps treat acne and wrinkles. It also helps fight sun spots and skin disorders.
It works as it breaks down the skin’s epidermal layer. As a result, your dead skin cells fall off and are replaced by new skin cells.
- Retinoids-This is a substance derived from Vitamin A. It has been used as a way to treat sun spots for many, many years. It works on the cells that are closest to the skin’s surface and it works especially great in higher doses while it exfoliates the skin.
- Laser resurfacing-This is a technique that helps dissolve sun spots by breaking down the molecular bonds of them. Laser resurfacing is sometimes used in conjunction with other treatments, such as skin moisturizers.
- Microdermabrasion-The easiest way to describe this treatment is that it can be called a “professional exfoliation” method. It involves the use of a light abrasive activity to help remove dead skin cells, and thus dark spots and scars are also reduced or eliminated.
- Cosmelan-This is an effective way to get rid of sun spots. It works as it reduces the melanin in your skin. This helps make these spots less visible. It also helps prevent furniture spotting in the future, and it helps lighten the skin.
- Cocoa butter-This is a substance that helps protect and moisturize the skin. This is important, because part of the combat against skin blemishes is in the fighting against sun rays. It does not work in the same way as a sunscreen but it helps immensely.