If your skin is out in the sun for too long then you’ll suffer from serious burns. These sunburns can not only be irritating but they will also cause blisters to develop. Sunburn blisters may be treated if you are careful with whatever it is you want to do with them.
What are Sunburn Blisters?
Sunburn blisters are common bumps that may occur when part of the skin suffers from sunburn. These blisters are filled with fluids and are typically white in color. They look like drops of water that stick onto the skin but they are actually raised bits of skin that can be itchy and bothersome.
What makes these worse is that the fluids that these bumps may contain can easily come apart and cause you to suffer from an infection. This can make the pain more difficult to bear with over time. In addition, many of these blisters may end up popping up in small spots all around your skin to make things a little harder to manage.
Causes of Sunburn Blisters
Sunburn blisters are typically caused by a substantial amount of exposure to ultraviolet light just like with any sunburn. Practically anyone could develop these blisters if one’s skin is laid out in the sun for too long and there isn’t an appropriate amount of UV protection being used at the time.
Remedies To Get Rid of Sunburn Blisters
The key part of using any of these remedies to get rid of sunburn blisters is to avoid trying to open these blisters on your own. You might think you are quickly getting the fluid out but it actually makes it harder for some parts of the fluid to leave the skin after a while. Also, you may be prone to an infection if you try to open them. These sensible remedies are designed to treat the problem from the inside.
1. Vinegar Can Neutralize The Issue
- Vinegar has a natural propensity to relieve the skin by controlling the pH level of the skin cells, thus making it easier for the area to heal on its own.
- Vinegar should be diluted with cold water to make it easier for your skin to handle it.
- A cloth with vinegar and water may be used to relax the skin. This may also be used with honey to treat the area.
2. Potatoes Work If You Do It Right
- Potatoes can be useful if you keep them raw. Raw potato materials can be cut into slices and blended up to a paste that you can add to the blisters to let them dry.
- This may be used to heal your skin and relax your body. The compounds in raw potatoes will neutralize the acids that blisters are known to have.
3. Black Tea Will Relax The Skin
- Black tea has a number of antioxidants that are safe for the skin to use.
- You may use black tea by applying a few black tea bags into a warm bath to help you relax your skin and get it to rest.
4. Aloe Vera Treats Burns Right
- A key part of taking care of your sunburn blisters is to relax your skin and keep it healthy without much irritation. Aloe vera may be used to treat the burns from sunburn and can relax blisters to keep their blood vessels from being too strong. It is also easy to move into your skin if you use an appropriate compound.
- You may use an aloe vera-based lotion provided that it is organic and made with safe ingredients. As useful as it may be, it’s best to take an aloe vera leaf and cut it open in order to take in the gel or liquid that comes out of it. The compounds should be easy to apply to your skin.
5. Lettuce Leaves Could Be Treated Right
- Lettuce leaves are able to ease the pains of sunburn blisters and will help to relieve inflammation.
- You can boil lettuce leaves for about ten minutes and then strain them out. After this, refrigerate the water and apply this to you blisters each day.
- You could also take straight lettuce leaves and chill them before you apply them to your skin.
6. Baking Soda Needs To Work Carefully
- While it is useful, baking soda can help you out with easing the acidic nature of blisters if you use it properly.
- Always make sure baking soda is applied in cold water. This makes the healing process a little easier to handle.
- Make sure to mix baking soda with water to create a paste that you can leave on your skin for about thirty minutes on average.
- Baking soda may also be mixed with vinegar and can be added on your blisters before going to bed.
7. Make Sure The Blisters Aren’t Covered
- One thing to do alongside the other procedures that may be used is to avoid covering the blisters with anything. This is a preventative measure that makes it easier for you to get rid of sunburn blisters.
- If the blisters are covered then it can keep circulation in the area from moving around right. This could cause the skin to swell up and become even more irritated.
- It’s also possible for some blisters to open up with force if you cover them with something.
Do you have any remedies? Share with me in the comments.