Silky, shiny and smooth hair is desired by one and all. But in order to achieve it, we often resort to expensive hair treatments and purchase chemical laden hair products. These often strip natural oils that lock moisture in our hair, making our crown of glory dull and lifeless.
But you don’t always need to spend a bomb on getting lustrous hair. You can easily use natural products and kitchen items to get silky, smooth and shiny hair. They are not just safe but are also affordable. Try these simple natural home remedies to get shiny, silky and manageable hair.
1. Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to half liter of water. Use it as a final rinse after shampoo and conditioner. This will give you amazingly soft and silky hair. You can also squirt this solution on your hair and let it sit for 30 minutes before washing the hair. This will soften and smoothen the hair and will even reduce dandruff.
2. Massaging you hair with essential oils once a week can help you attain silky soft mane. Add a few drops of essential oils like rosemary or lavender oil with carrier oil like coconut or olive oil and heat the oil slightly. Massage your hair and scalp with it using the fingers into the roots and scalp. Leave it overnight and wash it off the next day.
You can also apply mustard oil mixed with curd and lemon. Leave this mixture on your hair for 30 minutes and then wash off. If you are suffering from hair fall issue, then do not directly massage on scalp as it might increase the hair breakage. Dip a ball of cotton in the oil and then apply it on the head.
3. Mash some avocados and mix it with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Apply it on your scalp and leave it for some time to let it dry. Wash it off with a mild shampoo. You can also mash avocado and banana together to form a paste. Massage the paste into your hair covering all the strands properly.
Allow the mask to set for an hour and then rinse it off. The combination of banana and avocado will also soften the split ends and will add elasticity to the hair. You will not even require a conditioner to smoothen your hair as it will make your hair naturally smooth and soft.
4. Milk is a very good natural conditioner as it contains moisturizing properties. Take a half cup of whole milk and mix it with some water. Apply some milk on your hair using a hair spray and distributer it evenly all over the hair. Comb your hair gently and leave it for 20 minutes and wash your hair using a baby shampoo. There is no need to condition your hair, as milk is a natural conditioner and leaves your hair silky smooth. You can also mix milk with egg yolk to get soft and silky hair.
5. Egg is a very hair friendly ingredient and work wonders for hair. Make a hair pack by mixing 2 tablespoons of yogurt and eggs. Whip it well and apply it on your hair and scalp. Let it stay for 2 hours and then wash it off using a mild shampoo. Or you can combine 3 while eggs with 2 table spoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of honey. Apply it on your hair, cover it with a plastic cap and leave it for 30 minutes. Use a shampoo and conditioner to remove every trace of the egg and its smell.
6. Mayonnaise is one of the best food items to get silky and smooth hair. It is made of emulsified eggs and oil which can supplement the hair with the oil it needs. Coat your hair thoroughly with mayonnaise and cover your head with a plastic cap. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash it off with warm water followed by shampoo and conditioner.
7. Extract the milk from fresh coconut and add a few drops of lime juice to it. Refrigerate this mixture for a few hours till you see a thick layer at the top of the bowl. Apply this mixture on the entire length of the hair and keep it for 1 hour. Wash it off with a mild shampoo and condition your hair. This will give you super soft and healthy hair.
8. Take a generous amount of celery leaves and mix it with little water to form a paste. Squeeze the extract from this paste and store it in a bottle for a day. This method will help the juice to develop its properties. Apply it on your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash it off with an herbal shampoo and let it dry. Use this strain regularly, preferably every morning before taking a bath to get smooth and silky hair. (Image 5)
9. Make a hair pack by mixing 1 teaspoon of amla powder, 1 teaspoon of shikakai powder, 1 teaspoon of bhringraj powder and 1 teaspoon of reetha powder mixed with powdered henna. Mix with some water to form a smooth paste. Apply it to your hair and leave it for few hours or until it dries. Wash off your hair with plain water to get silky smooth and straight hair. It will also provide shine and volume to the hair.
You can also prepare a hair rinse using these ingredients. Boil amla, reetha, shikakai and bhringraj in 200 ml of water till the water changes its color. Strain the mixture and use it as a hair rinse after every wash.
10. Make a hair pack by mixing one cup of fuller’s earth, 1 egg white and a few spoons of rice flour. Apply this pack to your hair and let it stay for half an hour. You can also comb your hair while applying this pack. This will not just make your hair silky and smooth but will straighten your hair too.
Hope you will try these simple natural home remedies to get beautiful silky hair. Take adequate care of your hair and it will surely help you get the best results. Bye-bye hair woes!!