Season change can be quite taxing for health and skin, both for women and men. When summer draws to an end and you rejoice about the scorching days finally being over, the timing may be challenging for your skin. It is time you introduce some changes in your grooming routine. Fall sets thestage for winter to step in. While the heat has not subsided, you can feel traces of chill and dryness in the air. It is time you look after skin, hair and every part of your body! It is necessary to exfoliate the skin to wash away tan and moisturize it properly.
7 Essential Grooming Tips For Fall
- Put the soap away – While the summer months are ideal for bathing a few times every day with soap, at fall that does not hold true anymore. It would be a good idea to use a soap free and mild cleanser for bathing instead of using fragrant soap. This will help you evade skin drying.
- Care for the face – For your skin, fall can be somewhat tricky- more so for face! Your face may still sweat sometimes, but sometimes it will feel dry too. It is best that you use an oil free moisturizer or a sunscreen moisturizer combo to protect the face. It will save the face from harsh sunlight and will not make it greasy. Men can use water based after shave gel to soothe the skin after shaving and feel fresh. You may also opt for an herbal or fruit facial once a week to cleanse and nourish facial skin.
- Moisturize the hands – In fall, hands tend to get dry and scaly, more so for men. Use a quality moisturizing cream or lotion to keep the hands hydrated. Women should clip nails and use nail oil. Those with dry skin should use a body cream instead of lotion as the former is thicker in texture. Apply the lotion or cream on hands twice a day to keep the annoying dryness away! It would be a good idea to wear full sleeve attire to keep hands covered when you go out as well.
- Scrub the tan and dead cells – You may have developed a tan of face and body parts in summer. Those who need to move a lot in the daytime can feel it even more. Use a quality body scrub to wash the tan away from skin. Go for a facial scrub at a salon.
- Keep the lips hydrated – Though winter is yet to set in, many women and men feel the lips turning choppy and dry. Use a lip balm to keep lips wet and soft. You may carry it if your work involves spending lots of time outdoors.
- Opt for short showers – In the fall, the mornings tend to be slightly chilly. Many of you may feel the urge to indulge in a long hot shower. However, doing so will actually strip the skin of natural oils, leaving it dry. It is better that you bathe in lukewarm water and keep it short. If necessary, you may take another shower after returning from work.
- Care for the mane – It is the right time to stop using all these hair styling products including dye and gels! Using these products may make your hair look lifeless and greasy at this time of year. Opt for a nourishing hair oil massage every week and follow it with a mild shampoo. Those with dandruff and flaky scalp issues, need to be extra careful. Using a conditioner twice a week after shampooing hair may be helpful.