Thick, long and voluminous hair has been a symbol of style and beauty since time immemorial. Who doesn’t love shiny, long hair? Home remedies and natural cure can help a great deal in improving our hair’s health and in boosting hair growth. Here are some natural remedies and hair packs to stimulate hair growth and give you healthy and lustrous hair.
Home Remedies to Make Your Hair Grow Longer
1. An egg mask is considered to be the best treatment to stimulate hair growth and repair dry and damaged hair. Beat 1 egg, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to it and whip thoroughly. Add one teaspoon of vinegar to the mix. Apply it on the scalp, massage for few minutes and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse it off and shampoo your hair thoroughly to remove the strong smell.
2. Make a hair pack by mixing the pulp of avocado and banana, and add 1 table spoon of wheat germ oil to it. Apply it on your scalp and hair, and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water to remove oiliness from your hair, followed by a final rinse with your shampoo.
3. Soak powdered henna overnight and add powdered bhringraj, reetha and amla to it. Add one teaspoon of curd. Mix thoroughly and apply it all over the hair. Leave it for 4 hours and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Do not shampoo your hair post rinsing. Henna is the best natural conditioner that transforms dull and dry hair to smooth and shiny hair. It promotes hair growth by strengthening roots of the hair.
4. Rinsing your hair with rosemary water is highly beneficial for accelerating hair growth. Boil a handful of rosemary herb in distilled water and simmer for 20 minutes. Allow it to cool down and strain this infusion. Use this infusion as a final rinse after washing your hair. This infusion will also darken your hair.
5. Weekly oil massage will also help you to grow thick and long hair. Heat carrier oils like coconut or olive oil and mix a few drops of essential oil, like lavender, grape seed oil or cedar wood oil in it. Massage this mixture on your hair for a few minutes and leave it overnight. Wash it off the next day with shampoo.
6. Coconut milk is rich in protein, iron and mono-unsaturated fats which reduce hair fall and promote hair growth. Mix a little wheat germ oil in 2 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and 2 tablespoon of coconut milk. Wash your hair with this natural shampoo to stimulate hair growth.
7. Excessive body heat along with adverse environmental conditions cause damage to the hair, which results in hair loss. To bring down your body temperature, crush some fresh tulsi leaves and drink with water every morning. This will reduce hair fall to give you shiny, long hair.
8. Vitamin E oil is rich in antioxidants which fights free radicals and increases oxygen circulation within the body, thus increasing blood circulation to the scalp which stimulates hair growth. Massage Vitamin E oil onto the scalp and leave it overnight. Wash it off the next morning to get long and lustrous hair.
9. Garlic is well-known to reduce hair breakage and boost regeneration of hair follicles which promotes hair growth. Boil a few cloves of garlic and crush it. Mix it with coconut or almond oil and evenly apply to the roots of the hair. Repeat this procedure twice a week to get long hair.
10. Onion juice helps to regenerate hair follicles to give you long hair. Take 1 onion, 4 cloves of garlic and 2 sticks of cinnamon. Boil all the ingredients in 200 ml of water. Allow this infusion to cool down and use it to rinse your hair. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it off.
These natural hair remedies are simple, easy and effective to follow as they don’t require much time. Follow them and see the difference. Don’t forget to drop in your comments. Till then, keep it stylish!