A skin tag is not just an uncomfortable situation, but if not cared of could lead to infection and bleeding. And, cutting those away is never the best choice. Even though skin tags are not life threatening, they might be itching and annoying. Instead of picking up the over-the-counter creams to ease the condition, you can use tea tree oil. Here is a short write-up that will help you to remove skin tags using this essential oil.
The Goodness of Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is extracted from a plant called Narrow-leaved Paperbark. Various researches and studies suggest that tea tree oil has a wide array of benefits for your skin. It has innate antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties, which, in turn makes it an effective antidote for skin ailments, including skin tags. However, being an essential oil, it is always advisable for you to try a small quantity always and wait for its reaction.
There is no scientific evidence that support or deny the effectiveness of tea tree oil to remove the tags. But, many people have experimented with the same and got positive results.
How Long Does Tea Tree Oil Take To Remove Skin Tags?
People who have used this essential oil tell that it takes anywhere between two to four weeks to see noticeable changes. But if you feel that there is no improvement in the condition even after one month of regular using, you can safely stop using the same.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Get Rid of Skin Tags?
Follow this step-by-step process to learn the right way of using this essential oil to eliminate the tags:
- Cleanse the tag and the area around the tag thoroughly, using a soap-free mild face wash.
- Scrub the area around the tag gently without irritating the skin.
- Using a soft, dry cotton cloth dab dry the skin region around the tag to remove excess water, if any.
- Take a clean Q-tip or a sterilized cotton ball.
- Add a couple of drops of tea tree oil to a small bowl.
- Dip the cotton in the oil gently, frequently turning, to ensure even coating.
- Apply the cotton on the tag.
- Wait for a while until the oil dries off.
You need not wash or rinse away the oil. Repeat the oiling process four to five times daily or as soon as the oil dries off.
Alternatively you can also prepare a makeshift bandage. This will also ensure that the tags are safeguarded from any external infection.
- Cleanse your face thoroughly without irritating the tag.
- Add 1 tsp of sesame seed oil and 5 drops of tea tree oil to a mixing bowl and whisk briskly to mix well.
- Dip a clean cotton swab in the concoction and place it upon the tag.
- Bandage the area with a duct tape and leave on.
- Remove it before bedtime.
You can repeat this process till your skin tags vanish.
Is Tea Tree Oil A One-Stop Solution For Skin Tags?
Well, the answer is no. Tea tree oil alone will not work in healing your skin tags, but it will definitely work in doing away with the infections.
While there are no proven negative impacts of using tea tree oil on skin, there are no supporting evidences also. Be a little careful while using this essential oil if you have sensitive skin. Always use tea tree oil after diluting it with water to avoid any skin damages.