A moisturizing agent is an essential ingredient of a good skin care routine. But when you start searching for a good one, you will find that even the best ones available on the market shelves are packed with chemicals. What if you come across a natural moisturizer that can be effectively used for all skin types? What if you can find the same moisturizing agent in your kitchen rack?
Avocado oil is the one we are talking here. Extracted from the rich, buttery avocado fruit, this cold pressed oil is one of the best bets for keeping your skin moisturized. It hydrates and softens the skin. According to various studies, this skin-friendly oil is beneficial for treating a wide array of skin conditions including eczema, acne, psoriasis, and blackheads. It is also a natural solution to diminish the scars and premature aging signs.
Why Should You Use Avocado Oil As A Face Moisturizer?
Avocados are a rich source of vitamins A, E, and D and omega-3 essential fatty acids and can bestow skin with intense moisture. Avocado oil is extremely thin in consistency that enables it to penetrate the skin in an effortless way. But, it is also thick enough to act a protective shield for your skin, thus averting moisture loss.
Here are some of the factors that enable avocado oil to work as a fabulous face moisturizer:
- It is a rich source of various powerful vitamins such as A, B, C, D, E, and K as well as the mineral potassium.
- It is abundant with chlorophyll and lecithin.
- Avocado oil is a good source of the anti-inflammatory compound, sterolin. Sterolins also possess immune modulating properties.
- This oil has the potential to promote collagen synthesis that promotes skin hydration.
How To Use Avocado Oil As Your Face Moisturizing Agent?
Here are a handful of ways you could incorporate the avocado oil in your face moisturizing routine!
- You could use this oil as your day moisturizer as it is light in consistency despite being rich and creamy in nature.
- Massage a generous amount on your cleansed face before your bedtime and leave on. Dab dry with a damp cloth next morning.
- Mix cold pressed avocado oil and sweet almond oil in equal proportions and used it as your evening moisturizer. Wet a clean washcloth and use it to cleanse the face before you sleep.
- Mix a couple of drops of this facial oil with rose water and massage it on your face and neck.
Avocado Oil Face Packs For Skin Moisturizing
- Avocado Oil Lemon Skin Pack
This face pack is a great solution to keep oily skin moisturized with a radiant glow.
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Neem powder – 1 tbsp
- Avocado oil – 5 to 6 drops
- Add neem powder to a small mixing bowl.
- Add honey and lemon juice to the mixture and using a spoon, stir well to ensure even mixing.
- Add avocado oil and mix thoroughly.
- Spread evenly on cleansed face and wait for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with normal water and dab dry.
You can use this face pack once a week.
- Banana Avocado Oil Face Pack For Dry Skin
Give your dry skin a good dose of hydration and a healthy glow with this creamy, rich face mask.
- Overripe banana – 1, peeled
- Avocado oil – 6 drops
- Fuller’s earth – 1 tbsp
- Add peeled banana to a mixing bowl. Using a fork, mash the banana finely.
- Add Fuller’s earth to banana and using a spoon, mix both the ingredients well.
- Add avocado oil and give the mixture a quick mix.
- Cleanse your face thoroughly.
- Apply the mixture on your face in gentle, upward motions using your fingertips and massage gently.
- Leave for 15 minutes or until pack dries.
- Rinse off with normal water and dab dry with a clean, soft cloth.
Use this face pack twice a week for the best results.
Try incorporating the avocado oil in your face moisturizing routine today and see the difference!