Women who love to wear makeup make it a point to have their war paint on even while they are in a pool or at the beach! Many people think it is unnecessary but there are cases when it cannot be helped. For instance, women who have had surgery on their skin recently need the extra protection that makeup provides while they are swimming. Acne marks can be hidden with a little bit of makeup. Of course, there are also those women who just do not feel comfy going out without any makeup on!
Tips on How to Wear Makeup While Swimming
No matter why you want to wear makeup while swimming, there are certain tips that you need to make sure that you look fresh even after you come out of the water. Nowadays, waterproof cosmetics are available and they have the ingredients that help in preserving the makeup’s integrity even while you are swimming.
Here are water-resistant cosmetics that will help you look gorgeous even after a dip in the water and tips on how to wear them:
- Water-proof concealer and foundation: Foundations and concealers are the basics of cosmetics. Before applying other products, it is important to make sure that your foundation and concealer are well-blended. To make sure that your makeup does not smear while you are in water, you should get a foundation and concealer that is from a well-known brand even if it is a little bit on the expensive side. It will be worth it!
- Waterproof mascara: Nowadays, waterproof mascaras are everywhere and they are getting better with every new product that comes out! You will find mascaras that work wonders even while you are swimming. The waterproof mascaras available today have extra polymer, allowing it to stay on your eyelashes no matter how much time you spend in the water!
- Waterproof eye shadow: Eye makeup is important and if you are going to wear eye shadow in the pool, you should get waterproof ones from reputed brands. There are plenty of great water-resistant eye shadows that will not smudge or disappear after your swim. You should remember that when it comes to eye shadow, avoid overdoing it and make sure that you blend in the product well and gently using your fingertips. You can come out of the water with beautiful and sparkling eyes no matter how long you have been in it!
- Waterproof lipstick: If you want luscious lips even while swimming, you should get water-resistant lipsticks that are made especially for women who spend a lot of time in pools and beaches. To make sure that your lips look fabulous, apply a coat of your lipstick and then use a topcoat that moisturizes your lips and makes it look glossy and fresh. There are plenty of great cosmetic brands that have water-resistant lipsticks and topcoats that are ideal for pool parties or a day at the beach!
Tips to Keep Your Waterproof Makeup Fresh
If you are going for a swim and have makeup on, there are certain tips that you should keep in mind to make sure that you do not ruin it, even if you are using waterproof makeup. Remember the following tips to have fabulous makeup even after a long swim:
- While you are drying off, remember not to wipe your face. Use gentle pats to dry you face so that your makeup does not get smeared.
- Blotting papers can help a lot when you need to remove the excess moisture on your skin after a swim.
- If you think that you need a touch-up, reapply your makeup or remove slightly smudged makeup with a soft tissue and simply retouch those areas!
- To make sure that your makeup stays perfect while swimming, invest only in the best products available. Yes, it can get a little expensive but every waterproof cosmetic you buy will give you your money’s worth. Cheap cosmetics may be advertised as being water-resistant but it is hardly ever the case, so stay away from them.
You can say goodbye to a face that does not look quite its best when swimming. With top-quality waterproof makeup available, you can look as gorgeous as you want even after a long dip in the water!