How to Get Rid of Facebook
Today, Facebook is one of the most popular social networks and it has literally taken over our lives. You get to know about the latest news first from the Facebook then from the other sources. However there are some people who want to quit it completely. Quitting Facebook is like quitting smoking that it is there and you have to stop yourself from going towards it. A lot of people temporary get rid of it and after some time they join it again in the quest to know what is happening in the lives of their family and friends.
However if you really want to get rid of Facebook then following are the steps to permanently delete your Facebook account forever:
1. Delete all the data from your profile including your friends, photos, networks, remove the comments etc. Save the changes in your profile to know that the changes have taken place and your Facebook page is empty.
2. Now the important thing to do is to send the email to the firstname.lastname@example.org and there you need to mention in your subject to “permanently delete your account”. Ask that you want your account to be deleted forever and not just deactivated.
3. Next you will have to wait for their response where they would confirm that your account is deleted permanently and this would take some days so you have to be patient.
4. If you do not hear from them within a week, email them again at the same address mentioned in the step 2 and also send an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Now try to log in your account once you get the confirmation email from Facebook. If you are not able to log in then it means your account has been deleted permanently.
6. If you don’t want to send email then login to your facebook account and visit the Facebook Account Deletion Page and follow the steps for deletion of the facebook account.
Now what to do next?
Before you revert back to Facebook again and create a new profile all over, make sure you follow these steps.
1. Stay connected with family and friends – If you used Facebook to stay connected with your family and friends then after deleting your account, you should make sure of other ways to stay connected with them. Like you can call them, text them or use other messengers to stay connected.
2. For Videos – If you liked the various videos that people share on their profiles, then you can go to Youtube to watch funny videos occasionally to have fun.
And similarly you can go all the other things through various other means besides Facebook. You just need to move on. It is important to perform all these tasks or else you may feel like joining the Facebook again.
Facebook is like an addiction and you can only leave an addiction as long as you want to. So follow these steps and perform all the tasks the regular way and Facebook would be out from your life forever.