There are several weight exercises that we do to build up our muscles. But ask the experts and almost unanimously they will say that push-up exercises are one of the best. The best thing about these exercises is that they can be performed almost everywhere. You don’t need a swanky gym to do push-ups. If you know how to do it, you can do it in your home, in a park or anywhere you want to. Most of the push-up exercises do not require any equipment. Even when you see people using equipment like dumbbell while performing the pushup, they do it at the advanced level.
Push-Ups Are The Best For Overall Muscle Development
Push-up exercises are not for the development of just one muscle. They engage many different muscles. This is the reason why push-up exercises are so difficult to perform. Most of the muscles in our body are underused and they get heavily stressed while performing the push-up. Push-up exercises primarily work on the biceps, abdominal muscles, lower back muscles, quadriceps and even hamstrings. Not only that, chest muscles are also put to use to a great extent.
T-Push Up Steps
- T-Push up starts with you taking the same position as the regular push-up. Your feet and your hands need to be on the ground and your body should be in a straight line. Your chin needs to be up with your eyes looking in the straight direction.
- In this step you will bend your elbows to lower your chest so that it is close to the ground and then you will need to push your body back up by straightening the elbows.
- This will be the toughest step to follow. You will need to lift your left hand in such a way that your entire body rotates. Take your left hand straight up with your torso vertical to the ground. The entire weight of the body will now get supported by the right hand.
- You will keep rotating to the point where the side of your body is parallel to the ground. While doing this, make sure that your legs are also rotating. Lifting of the hand and rotation of the body will require immense power. While doing this, many muscles of your body will get engaged.
- This is the step which will tell why this exercise is called T-Push up. Your left hand will be stretched straight up in the air and your right hand will also be completely stretched supporting the body weight. The stretched hands and the torso will your body the T-shape. This is the reason why it is called T-Push up.
- Now you will slowly bring your left hand down and touch the ground. You will resume your normal push-up position.
The same steps will be repeated again but this time you will lift your right hand and the body weight will be supported by your left hand. You can do this exercise as many times as you want depending upon your endurance level. If you are a beginner, you will not be able to do more than 3 sets of 20 push-ups each. Do not overdo this exercise as you may lose balance and end up doing it incorrectly.
Benefits of T-Push Up
First of all this exercise is a great stretch exercise. While you are doing T-Push-ups your biceps get stretched. Even your lower abdomen and back muscles get stretched while doing this exercise. Stretching is a very important part of the workout regime. It helps straighten up the muscles for better toning.
T-Push-Up Keeps You Healthier
T-push-up is not just a muscle toning exercise. Push-up exercise is also an endurance building exercise. It helps develop your overall stamina. Additionally, it helps improve the blood circulation in your body. Therefore it also serves as a cardiovascular exercise. If you are properly and regularly doing pushups you will also be able to avoid certain injuries. Pushups help strengthen your shoulders. There are many shoulder injuries which can be avoided with pushups.
There are many exercises that are not recommended to certain people with certain conditions. However, push-up exercise is recommended to almost everyone. Pushup exercise also helps set the right tone for the other types of exercises. For instance, regular pushups can increase your shoulder strength. This will greatly help you when you are doing exercises which require shoulder strength. These exercises include chin-up, bench press and more.
What If You Can’t Do Pushup?
Pushup exercises are not easy to do. This is the reason why a lot of people are not able to do it. It requires a great deal of stamina. If you are not able to do pushup exercise in the beginning, don’t push yourself too hard. Instead start with lighter pushups.