Losing weight is not as easy as gaining it, which is why, most people tend to struggle with almost all ‘magical’ weight loss diets that could help them shed off those extra pounds that they may have gained. The fact that most of them forget is that every individual has a different body type, which is why, there are different weight loss diets that could help them lose weight effectively.
Keep reading to know more about the different body types that usually exist, and which diet could help you lose weight accordingly.
Simply put, ectomorphs are skinny individuals who have a light built with small joints and lean muscle for support. They tend to have long, thin limbs with stringy muscles. They have small shoulders, a flat chest and find it hard to gain weight- typically, such individuals have an impressive metabolism which causes their body to burn up the calories quickly.
Ectomorphs typically never gain too much weight- infact, they often look forward to building some muscle. Even if they do gain some extra weight, they also manage to lose weight easily and get back to their lean muscle shape. These individuals need to consume a high calorie diet and must keep the workouts short and focused on big muscle groups. They must consider consuming supplements and must try to eat before bed to prevent muscle catabolism during the night.
While ectomorphs don’t generally gain weight, they must make an attempt to consume a nutritious diet on a daily basis to stay healthy. Some foods that they must include are-
- Unrefined complex carbohydrates- whole grain pasta, starchy vegetables, sweet potatoes, whole grain rice etc.
- Good protein sources- fish, turkey, eggs, beef, lamb, pork, chicken etc
- Fats and supplements- nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, olive oil, whey protein supplement and other calorie-dense foods
Mesomorphs generally have a large bone structure and large muscles to compliment them, which gives them a naturally athletic appearance. Mesomorphs basically have what can be called the best body for bodybuilding. Both gaining and losing weight is comparatively easier for them, and their body is developed in such a way that it is naturally perfect for building muscle.
The general appearance of mesomorphs is that they have an athletic body with well defined, strong muscles. They are excellent muscle builders and have a body that looks somewhat rectangular in appearance. Mesomorphs tend to gain weight much more easily than ectomorphs, and lose weight easily as compared to endomorphs.
Mesomorphs generally respond to athletic training in the best way as compared to the other body types. However, they tend to gain weight more easily, especially during the beginning during a workout session. Mesomorphs must be careful and monitor their calorie intake closely. Cardio and weight training turns out to be the best training option for mesomorphs.
Some foods that mesomorphs must include in their diet to keep a steady, healthy weight are-
- Whole foods that are nutrient– fresh fruits, lean proteins, whole grains, non-starchy vegetables, non fat dairy products, nuts and seeds
- Fresh foods- green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, cottage cheese, fresh fruits etc.
Endomorphs typically have a soft and round body. They tend to gain weight very easily and have a shorter built with thick arms. Their muscles are strong, particularly the upper legs. Ectomorphs tend to do leg exercises like squats very easily.
They generally tend to have problems in losing weight, and have muscles that are not very well defined. Endomorphs usually find it very hard to lose weight, and a large portion of this weight tends to be fat- not muscle. Endomorphs must therefore, try to keep fat gain to a minimum by engaging in cardio and weight training, and must stick to consuming low fat foods.
Some of the best foods endomorphs must include in their diet to lose weight are-
- Fiber-rich carbohydrates and low glycemic index foods- steamed veggies like broccoli, whole grains like brown rice and quinoa, green leafy vegetables
- Lean protein options such as fish and poultry, tofu, lean beef, egg whites and beans
- Healthy fats- mono and poly unsaturated fatty acid sources- nuts, fish and avocados.