In today’s fast paced world, where you are forced to constantly be on “go”, how many of you actually take time out to unwind? The constant stress and improper lifestyle often leads to severe heart conditions. The number of people suffering from heart attacks and unstable angina is on the rise.
Many of you may not have heard about ‘Acute Coronary Syndrome’. Well, both the conditions stated above come under the umbrella term ‘Acute Coronary Syndrome’ which basically describes any condition where the blood flow to the heart is suddenly blocked or reduced.
A symptom of acute coronary syndrome is any chest pressure you feel while resting or engaging in non-strenuous physical activity. Another symptom is the pressure that you feel in your chest during a heart attack. Basically, one sign that you are suffering from an acute coronary syndrome is cardiac arrest or a heart attack.
[ Read: How Yoga Helps To Prevent Heart Disease ]
What Are The Home Remedies For This Condition?
- Fish Oil And Olive Oil: These two are the best oils to use in cooking if you want to keep your heart healthy and pumping blood effectively. They help to reduce stress levels as well as cardiovascular inflammation. Avoid common vegetable oils as they contain a lot of Omega-6 fatty acids, which are harmful for the heart.
- Lemon: It is rich in calcium, iron, vitamins B, B2 and C. Lemon is excellent for controlling blood pressure and for purifying blood. It can also reduce a swollen spleen and boosts the immune system of the body.
- Flax Seeds and Nuts: These are rich in Omega-3s, which helps to balance cholesterol levels and prevent the development of atherosclerosis. Flax seeds are also very high in fiber
- Cinnamon: You can use cinnamon oil, which is, of course, extracted from cinnamon or you can use this healthy spice in your cooking. You could also put some in your tea while you are brewing it. This spice is not only flavorful but is also high in iron, vitamins A and C, riboflavin, protein, thiamine etc.
- Onion and Garlic: While these two may add flavor to your meals, do you know that they are also very helpful for maintaining a healthy heart? Both of them contain ‘allicin’ which can improve good cholesterol and reduce bad cholesterol. Garlic can lower blood pressure if it is consumed orally. It also minimizes the total cholesterol level and the low density lipoproteins. Garlic also has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties which are excellent.
- Honey: Honey helps to revitalize your veins and arteries and eliminate blood vessel blocks. It also brings down cholesterol levels and makes your heartbeat strong. One of the best things about it is that it is sweet and does not cause any harmful side effects.
- High Potassium Fruits: You must consume fruits like bananas which are rich in potassium because it is a powerful vasodilator which renders the blood flow unhindered. It also helps in preventing the clotting of blood by relaxing the blood vessels in the body.
- Nuts: Eat lots of healthy nuts like almonds and walnuts because they help in relaxing blood vessels, improving the circulation of blood and reducing blood pressure. They also relax coronary muscles which sometimes spasm due to atherosclerosis and hence, prevent the occurrence of a heart attack.
- Gooseberry or Amla: Gooseberry fruit is very rich in Vitamin C and it is excellent for the growth and rejuvenation of red blood cells. It is stomachic because it is laxative and diuretic in nature and is also a refrigerant.
- Fibrous Vegetables, Beans And Fruits: Fiber helps digestion and the regulation of gastrointestinal activities. It also helps in eliminating bad cholesterol from the body and is excellent for keeping the heart fit and healthy. These beans, fruits and vegetables, which are high in fiber are also rich in antioxidants, B- vitamins and flavonoids. These boost heart health and reduce stress on the cardiovascular system.
- Beetroot: It is one of the best anticancerous foods out there and is rich in flavonoids, folic acid, iron and minerals. It helps to control weight and reduce obesity. If obesity is controlled, then even heart problems can be controlled and properly treated.
- Lean Beef: Studies have shown that lean beef can significantly reduce the risk of diseases affecting the cardiovascular system and can also lower blood pressure.
- Ginger: It is excellent for treating circulatory disorders and helps to lower cholesterol levels.
- Grapes: Grape skin contains ‘quercetin’ which reduces the clogging of arteries and regulates blood cholesterol levels.
- Hawthorn Berries: These improve the circulation of blood and are a good cure for angina and arrhythmia. Hence, it is often known as the ‘heart tonic’.
[ Read: How Red Wine Helps The Heart ]
If this condition is diagnosed quickly, appropriate steps can be taken to prevent it from becoming more harmful.