With an ever so dynamic fashion industry, where styles and trends change so rapidly, a bald look is considered by many people over time. However, having a bald head is very different from having a balding head.
Problems of balding
The problem of excessive hair loss, referred to as balding by a common man, is termed as alopecia in medicine vocabulary. According to the researches, it is found that every human being loses some hair from his or her head daily, as it is an integral part of your life and aging process.
Various types of alopecia with many different causes can be categorised as the following:
- Androgenetic alopecia is a form of alopecia that is likely to affect both men as well as women, usually in their middle age and thus is also known as pattern baldness. During this type of alopecia, growth rate of hair falls and their quality degrades in every new batch of hair. One of the most common cause for this type of alopecia is that it may be hereditary. If someone in your family has suffered this, then you are also at risk.
- Cicatricial alopecia The major causes for this type of balding to occur can be scars and damages on the hair follicle resulting from inflammation. When you get wounded, the damaged skin is removed and slowly replaced by new skin. The damaged skin is now replaced, however, the new skin does not have the capacity to grow hair on it.
- Traction alopecia. Traction alopecia occurs due to hairstyles that cause your hair to be pulled back tightly that lead to your scalp getting scars and the hair roots undergoing permanent damage.
Getting Rid of Alopecia
Baldness once occurring, is hard to be avoided, but it can surely be treated well, with medications. The results of these specific medications depend upon a variety of aspects such as the type of alopecia you are suffering from, how you respond to the medication given to you and the level of hair loss.
- Rogaine is given for treatment of both alopecia areata as well as androgenetic alopecia. It is usually available in the form of liquid or cream that is to be rubbed on the scalp.
- Finasteride is a type of medicine is available in the form of pill and can be swallowed with water. It is strictly not advised for consumption by women, especially by pregnant women, as consumption of such a medication can affect the health of your baby or complications in the pregnancy.
Another way out- surgery and wigs
When all other treatments and medications fail to cure the problem of balding, hair transplant surgeries can be considered to be another way to escape the balding situation. However, one has to be very careful if they are deciding to undergo a surgery, you must always choose a certified surgeon for this purpose.
If you are afraid of having a surgery and you are worried about the side effects of medications, the best possible way out without any complications or side effects is to use a wig to cover your bald head. Wigs made of original human hair make it hard for others to find out whether it is your original hair or you’re wearing a wig.
Video – Hair Loss – Natural Ayurvedic Home Remedies