Are you suffering from ascites? Do you want to get rid of it? Don’t worry! We are here to help you. The cure of ascites basically depends on the primary cause. Most of the people not know about this and hence, first of all you have to know that what Ascites is? Today, in this article we are telling you about some methods to cure ascites.
Ascities is technically recognized as peritoneal fluid excess, hydro peritoneum, and peritoneal cavity fluid. Ascities is a disorder of the body in which fluid is collected in the cavity of abdomen. Ascites are also well-known as dropsy, or abdominal dropsy, ascites occurs most often in people with liver difficulties.
- Liver cirrhosis,
- Hepatic vein obstruction,
- Hepatitis C or B infection,
- Congestive heart failure,
- Alcoholic hepatitis,
- Kidney failure,
There are many symptoms of the ascites and some of them are as follows;
- Shortness of breath,
- Rapid weight gain,
- Reduced appetite,
- Portal hypertension,
- Shifting or dullness of percussion,
- Umbilicus eversion,
- Distension in the abdomen,
- Swollen ankles
Ways to cure Ascites:
Now, below we have mentioned the methods to treat the ascites easily. Some of them are as follows;
1. Proper Diet:
The ascites patients are highly recommended use of diuretics as well as decrease the sodium consumption to less than 2 grams each day. An advantageous diet for stopping ascites contains buttermilk, soup of horse gram, camel milk, and old rice, garlic, asafetida, salads with dry radish and honey. Involve fiber, Whole grains, fresh fruits sprouts, vegetables nutrient rich food in your diet.
2. Fluid Drinking:
Avoid drinking additional of water because it leads to puffiness and weight gain. Milk is given to the patient as a manner to substitute water while they are thirsty. Carrot juice also plays a dynamic role in renovating energy to the body, deprived of addition to the buildup of fluid in the intestinal cavity.
3. Enough Sleep:
Attempt not to sleep throughout the day. Keep a fixed time to go to the bed at night and wake up quick in the morning. This plays a significant role in retaining the complete homeostasis of the body.
Takings diuretic medication flushes the fluid out of your body to decrease the quantity of fluid in the peritoneal cavity. Daily dose of 40 milligrams of furosemide as well as 100 milligrams of spironolactone are the advised initial doses.
5. Therapeutic paracentesis:
In this treatment, a needle cautiously set into the abdominal area, in antiseptic conditions to drain the ascites. This method is very beneficial for patients having malignant ascites because it removes 4 to 5 liters of fluid every time.
6. Surgery and Liver Transplant:
Surgery is compulsory in more uncontrollable cases. Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts (TIPS) is process complete through the internal jugular vein (the main vein in the neck) in local anesthesia by an interventional radiologist. It helps to reduce the ascites. If ascites are caused due to liver failure then only liver transplantation is option to cure ascites.
7. Natural remedies:
- Garlic: It is natural infection-fighter and anti-inflammatory. Drink garlic juice mixing in water because it helps to flush out the toxins from your body.
- Onion: Onions helps to drain the additional collected fluid through urination because it is a powerful diuretic.
- Bitter Gourd: It offers the required relief from ascites. Remove 25 ml juice of bitter gourd and take it thrice when mixing with water.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Immerse the fenugreek seeds overnight. Drain and consume that water in the morning. It helps to decrease the swelling, resolves respiratory difficulties, reestablish your appetite, reliefs from ascites by endorsing urination.
- Dandelion Root: Drinking tea twice a day prepared from using dandelion rot is very beneficial to treat ascites. It is a natural diuretic and also identified as gravel root. It is helps to recover the working of your kidneys, raise the occurrence of urination and eliminate all the extra fluids successfully from your body.
- Melon: You should consume melon every day to stay healthy and as well as to combat ascites. It not only supports in digestion but also bring back the fluid balance, as well as extra portions of homeostasis.
- Radish: Radishes are very advantageous in the cure of ascites. Blend the juice of the leaves of the radish plant with water and drink. It is very beneficial to control the working of your kidneys, liver, and the digestive system. It supports to inspire appetite and take away toxins from your system.
- Gram: Take 25 grams of gram and simmer it in 1/4 liter of water. Let the water decrease to half. Drain the liquid. You should drink this for at least 3 weeks to get a clear variation.
- Watermelon: If you want to reduce the symptoms of the ascites then eat watermelons on a daily basis. It supports to your body to renovate fluid balance, digestion, stay healthy and offers rapid recovery from ascites. You can also drink watermelon juice every day.