A blind pimple may not be easily visible but it can be extremely irritating. Okay there we just said it. This is due to the pimple residing in a spot that is slightly deeper into your skin than what you might expect out of a typical pimple. It may be treated if an appropriate series of solutions are used.
What is a Blind Pimple?
A blind pimple is a pimple that does not appear on the top part of the skin. It is found underneath the skin and will have the same growth properties as a typical visible pimple. The blind pimple can create irritation and can add weight to the skin. The biggest problem is that it is often a condition that may not be as easy to treat as a regular pimple unless natural forms of treatment like the ones listed here are used.
Causes of a Blind Pimple
Blind pimples typically occur for the same reason as regular pimples. They often occur as hormones start to change in the body. This is a common condition for those going through puberty but it is also an issue for people who go off of medications or are trying to adjust to new ones.
Cosmetic products may also be a factor. Some products can clog up pores, thus causing pimples to be more likely to develop in just about any part of the skin.
Remedies to Get Rid of Blind Pimples
The key for using these remedies for blind pimples is to make sure you’re gentle with the skin. Don’t try to squeeze or pick at anything as doing so will make it easier for the spot to be infected. This may also cause some blind pimples to be pushed backwards to the point where it may be harder for some parts of the pimple to be treated.
1. Use a Series of Compresses
- You can start by using a warm compress with a cloth dabbed in hot water. The water should be applied to the pimple for a few minutes. This should encourage the pimple to develop a head so it will drain naturally, thus making it easier to heal.
- A cold compress may also be used if the pimple is painful or if it starts to swell up. An ice pack should be wrapped in a towel and then applied to the pimple for ten minutes at a time. This should keep blood vessels from being too wide, thus reducing the possible soreness in the area on and surrounding the pimple.
2. Milk Can Be Applied
- Milk has alpha hydroxyl acids that can help to smooth out the skin that has been impacted by the pimple. It can also clear out pores and remove the outside layers of the pimple so it may have an easier time with airing out.
- Apply a small amount of warm milk to the pimple area about three times each day. The milk may be left on for a few minutes at a time to get the area to relax and feel a little more at ease.
3. Aloe Vera Is a Healing Compound
- The lotion from the aloe vera plant will cool off the pimple and repair damaged tissues around it, thus facilitating the healing process.
- Aloe vera gel can be applied onto the pimple and left for about twenty minutes before it can be rinsed off.
- While there are many gel-based products out there, it’s best to take a natural aloe vera plant, break off a leaf and drain the gel or other compound that comes from it as it is broken and slit open.
4. A Warm Shower Can Also Help
- The steam that comes from having a warm shower will help to relax the skin and draw out the pimple over time. Be sure to avoid applying hot water from a warm shower directly onto the pimple as it may cause the spot to become irritated.
- An exfoliating scrub may be added to the area during the shower provided that the water is not too hot. It needs to be warm and gentle so it can appropriately target the skin.
5. Be Sure to Wash Your Face A Little More Often
- A blind pimple will be more likely to last for a while if the skin outside of it has accumulated dirt and other materials. You’ll have to wash off the area with warm water a few times each day to keep such materials from building up. The warm water may also draw out the spot after a while.
6. Benzyl Peroxide Is Useful If You Are Careful
- Benzyl peroxide has often been used in many pimple treatments and it may also be used when treating blind pimples. It particularly clears out the bacteria from deep inside the skin to treat the source of the pimple.
- Be sure to use this after washing your face. This makes it easier for the treatment to move directly into your skin.
7. Tea Tree Oil Can Be Applied
- Tea tree oil is an organic compound that may be applied to the skin where the pimple is located.
This is noted for being a popular medicinal product if you have a pure form of tea tree oil to use for taking care of issues in your skin.