Candidiasis (a.k.a. Candida yeast infection) is caused by the presence of the fungi Candida albicans. It usually lives in a warm, moist location such as the genital area or the mouth. Some cases may also appear on the anus.
This is a type of infection that is sometimes very stubborn. It can be removed with some effort and patience. You just need to know the right method for doing so.
Some ways of treating or caring for yourself if you are infected by candidiasis are shown below:
1. For prevention, wash and dry yourself regularly. Those sensitive warm, moist areas of your body need to be attended to the most often but also your entire body should be cleansed and dried on a regular basis.
Furthermore, you should prevent the candida from entering your bloodstream by making sure you
2. Wear loose and comfortable clothing. This will help air out the areas where candida would most grow because less moisture and heat will be entrapped in sensitive areas. This means you should try to wear cotton pants that are not so tight around the waist, groin, and genital area instead of tight jeans at least until the candida passes.
It is also recommended that you wear underwear made out of porous fabrics. Generally, cotton is the best choice if you really want to get rid of this problem.
3. Eat yogurt regularly. Yogurt has a pro-biotic affect. It has a “good” kind of bacteria that kills off yeast fungi so that the growth of Candidiasis is slowed or inhibited. If you cannot stomach yogurt frozen yogurt sticks or yogurt pills that have the same pro-biotic properties also can be found.
4. Avoid high-yeast substances. For instance, you should reduce or eliminate high-yeast substances such as wine, beer, or bread. Avoiding high-sugar and high-starch foods such as white bread and starchy or sweet pastries.
Certain kinds of cheese also are high in yeast and should be avoided. Any foods that are high in glucose (fruit sugar) are also not recommended as they can encourage the growth and spread of Candida.
5. See a doctor and get medical treatment. Usually antimycotics such as clotrimazole, nystatin, and ketoconazole are applied topically. You also can try butoconazole nitrate or tioconazole medicines. It helps restore yeast levels and as a result Candida is eliminated.
You should know that there are more than one kind of yeast infection. The proper identification of the kind of Candidiasis or other fungal infection is important.
This is the the best way to receive the most proper and most efficient treatment. Furthermore, proper doctor consultation is the most important aspect of making sure your Candidiasis is eliminated as soon as possible.