Creaky Knees for those who have experienced the condition is an uncomfortable time. This condition is easily experienced as one takes time to climb stairs. The major cause of creaky knees is when one is using the wrong muscles is performing an activity like working out, walking, or running which means the process was not carried out properly.
A deficiency in knee stability contributes largely to creaky knees. Poor tracking of the tendons too is another cause for the condition. An improper gait just adds stress to already underdeveloped muscles thus leading to a bigger problem. Consulting a health practitioner on development of the issue will help you attain immediate remedy to the condition. Identifying what first caused the problem is essential in preventing the condition again before one heals. It will also help you know what you should avoid to get relief.
In some cases, the creaky knee problem may not be painful but if the condition is left untreated over time than it is easy for it to get painful as time passes. If also left untreated for a long period, it becomes hard to heal too. To get rid of creaky knees, one should:
- Building muscles on the knee area is the first step in preventing creaky knees. Building muscles in areas that support a good posture is essential. Taking care of the kind of exercise that one participates in is important. This should be done remembering that it is possible to achieve positives and if not careful negatives from exercise. Working out on hard surfaces is a source of creaky knees. Identifying bad pain and differentiating this from any other form of pain is essential in helping you know when to stop because you are indulging your body in what is harmful.
- Stretching muscles before and after workout is important in ensuring you do not suffer any bad from the exercise. There is need to work around all of an individual muscles in the body to keep them fit since the knees will benefit from this. The ankle is the most susceptible area that can cause creaky knees thus the need to take good care of this part of the body.
- Ensure that you are of good weight. Heavy weight especially talking of an obese condition is a cause for creaky knees. The weight causes stress to the knees, which are unable to sustain the heavy weight.
- Eating healthy and using supplements is a means to getting rid of creaky knees. The body system is able to repair itself and keep in good condition under proper nutrition. Good oil, fruits, and vegetables are good for health. Taking supplements for a few weeks will also help in getting off the condition.
- Massages and having great gait is essential. Massages work great at stretching muscles and make it an effort to keep stretching even after the massage. It is good to get off poor gait, which causes undue stress. This can also help one identify the weak muscles that need strengthening.