Dizziness is one of the most common medical complaints. Dizziness is quite scary, because can make you disoriented. Also, many people know it can be a symptom of a serious disease. That’s why dizziness is often seen as a reason for concern.
The truth is, dizziness is a relatively common symptom and it’s not always a sign of a serious disease. However, it’s essential to find out what’s causing it.
If you suffer from chronic dizziness, you should consult your doctor immediately. But what if your test results are fine and you’re otherwise healthy? Luckily, there are some things you can do to get rid of dizziness.
The 5 most effective ways to get rid of dizziness:
- Move slowly. Dizziness affects balance and can make you disoriented. Making quick movements can make you feel worse. Quick movements make your blood pressure drop, which can worsen dizziness. If you feel dizziness, find a focal point in your surroundings, such as a piece of furniture. Never try to focus on a moving object, such as cars. After you’re focused, sit or lie down. Move as slowly as you can. Don’t attempt to make quick movements. Wait for as long as you need to calm down and feel stable on your feet.
- Drink lots of water. Your body needs to be well-hydrated. Dehydration can trigger dizziness. That’s why dizziness is more common during summer and in hot areas. To avoid dizziness, drink at least eight glasses of water per day. You need to take more if you are physically active.
- Eat healthy. You need to know that food can cause dizziness. Individuals with weight problems are particularly prone to this. Even if you don’t have any weight problems, consider changing your eating habits. Avoid heavy, oily food, since it can cause high blood pressure, and this can cause dizziness. Same goes for salty food, so avoid junk food and other forms of salty snacks. Caffeine, alcohol and tobacco are known to cause dizziness, so try to avoid them as much as possible.
- Do exercises that can help you prevent dizziness. Certain physical activities can help you maintain your balance, which in turn prevents dizziness. These exercises are not complicated: they simply teach you how to handle various body movements without triggering dizziness. For example, you can practice going from a sitting position to a standing position with your eyes closed. Practice following moving objects while standing or sitting. But don’t overdo it, and don’t make quick movements or your dizziness will worsen.
- Don’t take medication that can cause dizziness. Many medications have side effects, and dizziness is one of the most common ones. Consult your doctor or a pharmacist and ask them about the side effects of medicaments you plan to use. Maybe you’re already using medications that have dizziness as side effect: in fact, many commonly used medicaments have this side effect. Many sedatives, blood-pressure medications, antihistamines and anti-seizure drugs can cause dizziness. Ask your doctor about safe alternatives to these medications. If there’s no a good alternative available, ask your doctor about changing the dosage.
Video – Natural Ayurvedic Home Remedies