What is one area of the body men look at most? Chances are it is not what you think. One thing men notice when they see you is the quality of your nails. If you know how to get rid of dry cuticles you can impress a man greatly.
Why is this so important?
If a man notices that a woman at least spends a moderate amount of time caring for her nails she must be a person who also takes care of her body. This includes not only receiving a manicure and/or regularly cutting, buffing, and shining the nails but also attending to the dry cuticles.
It is no secret to either men or women both that softer, moistened cuticles are more feminine-looking on a woman than hardened, dried ones. It takes a bit of skill to learn how to care for this very important part of the body but it can be done.
Here are some tips for helping you get rid of dry cuticles:
- Use protective gloves while cleaning or doing dishes. This is actually a preventative measure that keeps your fingers soft. Wear latex gloves while doing laundry, washing dishes, or scrubbing your bathroom. Within days or weeks you should notice the difference.
- Wear a moisturizing lotion or substance during the night. For instance, applying a vitamin E oil or almond oil-based lotion to your fingers at nighttime would help. Petroleum jelly may also do the trick, although it does not penetrate as readily as a natural oil would. Any natural moisturizer that would keep your fingers soft and moist upon regular application is recommended.
- Avoid using excess nail products with harsh chemicals in them. Of course, you may not always be able to avoid using products such as nail glue or fingernail polish remover. However, limit your use of these as well as other harsh nail products. Using too much of these substances can lead to nail dryness, and it can also cause increased nail cracking and breaking.
- Eat a diet that includes plenty of non-saturated fats, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. For instance, fresh tuna, salmon, mackerel, and sardines are a great source of Vitamin E as well as Omega-3 oils. You should also eat a moderate amount of dairy products, because the calcium helps keep nails strong.
- Drink plenty of water. This will both detoxify your body as the liquid is flushed through your system and will absorb and distributed necessary nutrients through the bloodstream. As a result, the places of your body that need it the most (i.e. the nails and skin) will receive a healthy supply of nutrients.
This is a little bit off topic, but if your nails are slightly yellow in color it could be a sign of nail fungus. Sometimes in the process of spreading this fungus it can damage the nail cuticles and even cause the nail to fall out. This is a situation that requires prompt medical attention. Talk to your doctor or seek over-the-counter treatments.