What is Hypotension?
Low blood pressure is something that is usually celebrated, but when your blood pressure falls too low, it is a serious condition known as hypotension. Normally low blood pressure does not create any health problems, but what is low to you might be in the normal range for someone else. If you suffer from extreme dizziness upon standing, this could be one sign that you are suffering from hypotension. Women who are experiencing their menstrual periods might experience hypotension every so often due to the fact that hypotension can be caused by blood loss. While there can be many causes of hypotension, there are just a few things that you need to do to be rid of this annoying problem for good.
Ways To Treat Hypotension
- Drink Plenty Of Water. Dehydration is one of the major causes of hypotension. You could avoid this issue by making sure that you down the recommended eight glasses of water a day or more. Avoid drinking sugary drinks. Avoid alcoholic drinks. Even if you are getting enough water everyday, the smallest amount of alcohol can effect your hydrating efforts.
- Keep Up A Healthy Diet. Maintaining a healthy diet can help you avoid the health issues associated with hypotension. Anemia and other conditions are often related with being undernourished. Making sure that you are getting all the vitamins and minerals that you need everyday can keep hypotension at bay. Eating a healthy diet can also improve your overall health.
- Eat Small Portions At Meals. Blood pressure tends to drop after you consume a meal. It will drop especially fast after a large meal. Try eating small meals and snacking on and off through out your day. Caffeinated drinks can help boost your blood pressure back up, but you should speak with a doctor before making this change to your diet.
- Take Care of Other Health Issues. Taking care of your overall health can help get rid of hypotension once and for all. Some health conditions can cause you to suffer from hypotension. Make sure to keep regular checkups with your doctor to ensure that you are in great overall health.
- Add Salt to Your Diet. Or Take it Away. Adding iodine to your diet can help boost your blood pressure. You can do this by sprinkling a bit more salt on your meals. If salt is what is causing your issue, be sure to avoid it at all cost.
- Talk With Your Doctor. If you suffer from septicemia, this could be causing your hypotension. Be sure to discuss with your doctor the possible causes of your hypotension. Hypotension could be caused by something far more serious.
You do not have to suffer from hypotension for the rest of your life. This is a health issue that can easily be taken care of by following a few simple steps. Hypotension can be an uncomfortable bump on your way if you take good care of yourself and your health.