If you had to ask a group of women what they most fear, some would say wrinkles, some would say grey hair, another group would say cellulite, and then of course there is the one we hardly speak of, and that is the issue of stretch marks. Stretch marks appear when the skin has been stretched, and in the process the middle layer becomes torn in a way. This usually happens during pregnancy, rapid weight gain or bodybuilding. If you are suffering from stretch marks, even if nobody else can see them, don’t panic, because you can now get rid of them.
Prevention is better than cure
- Use lotions: this will help to moisturize the skin and prevent damage, and in essence prevent stretch marks. This can be done whether you are pregnant or not, and is just a good all-round way of keeping your skin looking good.
- Vitamins: A, E and C are the best vitamins to help improve the elasticity of your skin, preventing skin damage and stretch marks. You can get this via lotions or supplements.
- Drink plenty of water: water is probably the best thing you can do for your skin and your body as a whole. This will give your skin moisture from the inside and leave your skin looking supple and clear.
Ways to get rid of stretch marks
- Time heals all wounds: this is true for smaller and less severe stretch marks, so the scars will fade after some time
- Exfoliating scrubs: the idea behind this method is to get rid of the dead skin overlying the stretch marks. Over time it will help to get rid of the stretch marks or at least make them less visible.
- Tanning: this reduces the appearance of scars and stretch marks, but always make sure you protect yourself with sunscreen.
- Increase blood flow: for the body to regenerate the area of damage needs to have a good blood supply. This can be done through a warm bath or massage.
- Special oils: there are oils and lotions that contain certain ingredients known to help reduce stretch marks. This includes cocoa butter, vitamins A, E and C, as well as castor oil.
- Skinception™ Intensive Stretch Mark Therapy – One of the best cream available on internet which removes stretch marks. It has clinically proven ingredients that combine to help significantly fade and even erase unsightly stretch marks from you
More extreme ways to get rid of stretch marks
- Dermabrasion: during this procedure the aim is basically to remove the top layer of skin, essentially removing the scar tissue and reducing the appearance of the stretch marks.
- Laser therapy: this provides a focused and more adjustable way of making the stretch marks less visible.
- Machine massage: there are certain machines like the endermologie that enable the deep massage of the region to help improve blood flow.
- Surgery: this is probably the most drastic of measures and should not be taken lightly. Such procedures may involve things like lifts and tucks, or it could even end up being some serious plastic surgery.