A twinge is a sharp pain that occurs anywhere in the body. It generally happens when you have been exercising too much or have been standing in the same position for too long. It is a physical pain and generally happens if you have hurt a muscle or wounded yourself in some way. Many times it happens due to some unseen injury that can become very complicated very fast. Twinges are extremely painful and it is best to get rid of them as soon as possible. Some of the best methods and medicines to get rid of twinges include:
- Paracetamol is one of the most effective pain relievers and can be used for almost any sort of pains. It is extremely useful and all you need to do is take one tablet. It should only be taken when the pain is extreme and should not be taken too regularly. Another thing that needs to be kept in mind is that if these pains continue, then you should consult a doctor.
- A more natural method that can be used if you are not too keen on antibiotics is hot and cold compress. Alternating the two can be used to relieve your self from pain. It is time old method and is extremely beneficial. Hot and cold compress can be used to fight pain for any muscle injury.
- A gentle massage can often solve the problem when the only reason for the pain is not enough rest. Your body will hurt when it is nit getting enough time to revitalize itself. In such cases just get a massage, or soak in hot water before sleeping. Make sure that you get a good night’s sleep so that all your aches will be gone when you get up the next morning.
- Another natural remedy for twinge is ginger. It helps reduce the pain and give you relief. White willow is also an extremely effective natural remedy for easing pain. You just need to add either of these to your food to get relief from whatever is hurting you. These are both natural and thus have no side effects.
- Morphine is the ultimate pain reliever. But it should only be taken in the most extreme cases and extremely rarely as it can be addictive. It should only be consumed when prescribed by a doctor. It works instantly but needs to be taken carefully.
Twinges can be irritating and extremely painful. You should not over work yourself and only do the amount of work that you can actually handle. Over working is only going to cause more problems. If the twinges happen with increasing frequency, visit a doctor because it can be possible that there is a more serious injury than you imagined.
You have to take care of your body to avoid any major problems. One thing that is absolutely necessary to remember is that never take the antibiotics unless they have been prescribed for you because you maybe taking an unforeseen risk.