Eyes, one of the most important sense organs of our body, are believed to add beauty to your face. However, if not cared for properly, serious problems, like impaired vision and loss of eyesight, might occur. There are numerous ways, including proper diet, exercise and proper rest, to improve your eyesight in the most natural ways.
Tips to Improve Eyesight
In addition to eye glasses and contact lenses as an alternative for a healthy eyesight, you can also improve your vision by following the below mentioned simple tips.
The initial and most important way to have healthy eyesight is to have a proper diet and include foods with just the right nutrients helpful for healthy eyesight. The common food items recommended for healthy eyesight include:
- Vitamins A, C and E – Including foods rich in vitamin A, C, and E in your diet regimen is helpful for providing healthy eyesight. These food items include squash, carrots, kiwi fruit, cheese, milk, spinach, cantaloupe, oranges, papaya, wheat germ, cranberries, vegetable oils and olives among others. The list is endless. Look to eat green leafy vegetables and colourful fruits and veggies to get nutrients beneficial for eye health.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids – Foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids improve eyesight in a natural way by strengthening the cell membranes as well as improving the structural cell support. Some of the best sources include salon, cod, sardines, krill, mackerel and other fish from pure water. Dietary supplements include high quality fish oil.
- Minerals – Including foods like garlic, capers, shallots and onions in your diet can provide essential minerals for better eyesight. These foods are rich in sulphur, cysteine and lecithin which play an important role in maintaining healthy eyesight.
- Antioxidants – Eating foods rich in antioxidants also support the improvement of eyesight. Some of the richest sources include sweet potatoes, green leafy vegetables, pumpkin, pepper, carrots and egg yolk. Antioxidants get rid of free radicals from the eyes. These free radicals are known to cause vision problems with time.
- Flavanoids – Foods like grapes and blueberries are rich source of flavanoids that support the natural improvement of your vision.
In addition to proper diet, eyesight can also be improved by exercise designed specifically for the purpose. Some common ones include:
- Eye Rolling – Look up and roll your eyes clockwise 10-12 times before starting to roll them anticlockwise for the same number
- Eye warming – Rub your palms together to make them warm. Place the warmed palms onto your eyelids for about 5 seconds. Repeat this exercise thrice a day to improve the eyesight naturally.
- Focusing exercise – Hold a pencil at an arm’s distance and keep your eyes focused on it. Move the pencil closer to your eyes slowly and gradually, with your eyes still focused, and then take it back to the position. Repeating this exercise for 10 times per session can improve the eyesight.
- Temple Massage – Massaging your temples with thumb and knuckles in circular motions for a few seconds can help in the improvement of eyesight.
- Mini-naps – Take a mini nap, keeping your head backwards with eyes closed and relaxed for about 3 minutes to improve the eyesight in a natural way.
In addition to diet and exercises, there are also certain helpful tips to improve the eyesight. These include:
- Proper rest – After a long day of work and strain on your eyes, it is important to give ample rest to your eyes and body. A sound sleep of at least 8 hours is essential for your eyes to get refreshed and ready to work again the next day.
- Regular eye breaks – It has been advised that after every 50 minutes of reading, using a computer or watching TV, it is necessary to rest the eyes for about 10-15 minutes. During this break, keep your eyes closed and cup them with your palms in a way that no light reaches them. This technique to relax the eyes helps in improving eyesight naturally.
- Healthy environment – Eyesight is also affected by environmental factors including pollution, lighting scheme in offices and rooms for reading, poor air conditions, continuous rubbing of eyes. Try to protect your eyes from these factors by taking adequate measures.
Following these tips and suggestions properly will help in eyesight improvement in most natural ways. Besides, it is also essential to follow a consistency in routines for a better vision and proper eyesight. Recommended diet along with effective supplements can also be helpful in improving eyesight in a natural way.