Gout is like arthritis that old people suffer from normally. It is like sudden pains that occur in the joint and that if not controlled it can cause harmful damage to joints, tendons and other such tissues in your body. This only happens due to there being excess uric acid in the blood. Generally, to get rid of gout and to keep it in control, people use diet tips or even medication. However, when you go under serious medication it replaces the food intake in your body and restricts you from eating a lot of things that you probably like. The best thing to do to keep gout in control is maintaining a balanced diet, this will help you to not only keep your gout under control but also help you to gather all the nutrition you need. Here are some points that will help you to control you gout.
1. Keep Your Diet Under Perfect Control
- Make sure that you eat food that are extremely high in purines, like meat, seafood or even beer. However make sure then our consuming alcohol, it should be under control. This will help you to control your gout, you can eat anything that you like but make sure that these are included.
- Always make sure that you control your weight. This is only possible if you eat the necessary nutrients and proteins that your body requires.
- Your gout can be controlled in a huge way if you know what you are eating. Eating low-fat dairy products is very helpful in this case.
- If you want the uric acid in your body to completely disappear all you need to do is drink plenty of water, or any other kind of fluids necessary. This will also help your gout to reduce.
- You may not know this, but if you do not keep your diet under control and maintain your body weight, it can also lead to obesity. There are many people who suffer from obesity only because they did not control their weight when they had to.
- When you are on a diet, you will need medication that will help you control the pain that you might suffer from.
- Also medication is required to control any kind of inflammation in the body.
2. Avoid Sweets or Sweetened Food Stuffs
- If you rely on too much sweet during the day it will make you put on a lot of weight which will lead to obesity.
- There are many drinks that have a high level of fructose corn syrup in them, which is consumed, can lead to the uric acid in your body to increase.
- If you do not take care of this, you are increasing the risk of gout in your body instead of maintaining it.
- This includes biscuits, cakes, fruit juices, bread, yoghurts, frozen pizzas, cereals and cereals bars, sauces that come in jars, ketchup, mayonnaise and salad dressings as well. Make sure that you eat a lot of fruits, because they do not contain fructose corn syrup and also are so very healthy if you are suffering from gout.
3. When In Gout, Eat The Right Foods
- You should consume as much as fruits of vegetables in a day as you can. Eating five portions a day is ideal, but you can even go more than that. Fruits and vegetables contain Vitamin C, and is excellent to for you to get all your nutrients from.
- If you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables during the day, experts have said that it will reduce your uric acid to a considerable amount because of the Vitamin C intake in your body.
- Include Cherries, they might be small, but they play a huge role in maintaining gout.
- Eat foods like rice, potatoes, pasta, barley, oats and ample of starchy items like these.
- Choose food stuffs like wholegrain because they are contain a lot more fibre and nutrients necessary.
- Eat more vegetables and less of meat because this can help you to reduce the intake of purines in your body.
- Drink Vitamin C along with your food, like maybe orange juice; eat a fruit salad for dessert instead of ice cream.
- If you are eating meat, make sure that it is controlled.
- Drink milk which is low in calorie.
You can eat anything you like to maintain the gout in your body but only make sure that you are eating foods that reduce your uric acid levels. Yes, that you must make sure of. Make sure you limit your alcohol and intake of any sweetened items. If you follow the points above, you will succeed in a healthy diet and be free from gout in no time.