Stress is eating up everyone. And, its attack rate has been skyrocketing at an uncontrollable pace. While yoga, a good diet, and adequate sleep do help in managing stress, there are times when you fall prey to the attacks of stress. What do you do then? Then the answer is a stress ball. It is a simple thing but squeezing it a couple of times does alleviate stress. You can make one at your home if you do not want to buy one. Wondering how? Keep reading the post to know more!
Homemade Stress Ball Ideas
There are three different ways of making a stress ball at home. While the first one gives you the most effective anti-stress solution, others could be tried if you want something simple. So are you ready?
The Quintessential Stress Ball
What do you need
- 14“ latex balloons – 2
- Plastic bottle – regular, small [for making funnels]
- Pencil or plastic knife
- Flour or sand
- Make the funnel by cutting the plastic bottle into two using a sharp knife. Use the portion with the mouth as your funnel.
- Spread a space of your choice with old newspapers to secure the area from the mess.
- Take a balloon and fix it to the mouth portion of the homemade funnel. Ensure that the balloon is secure and tight.
- Using a small spoon, gently fill the balloon with the sand or the flour. Add little at a time, unclogging using the plastic knife or pencil very carefully. Avoiding pricking the balloon in the process.
- Once the balloon is filled with flour or sand, secure the open portion firmly with a thread, while removing the air if any.
- Cover the filled balloon with the second balloon to make it stronger and prevent it from bursting while your squeeze.
Wow! Your stress ball is ready for use!
DIY Kids’ Clay Stress Balls
If you want a non-messy stress ball, then kids’ clay such as Play-Doh could be your answer. It is a quick and easy to complete task that yields a super squishy balloon.
What do you need
- Balloons – 2
- Kids’ Clay – enough to fill the balloon
- Blow one of the balloons as much as possible.
- Create space for inserting the clay by putting your fingers in the open mouth of the balloon.
- Slowly, fill the balloon with the clay. You can shape the clay into a thin thread or as a snake to simplify the task.
- Slowly take your fingers out of the balloon. At the same time, you have to ensure that the clay does not come out.
- Once you take out your fingers, squeeze the excess air and secure the mouth firmly with a thread.
- Squeeze the ball couple of times to remove the excess air.
- Cover the balloon with the second balloon for improving its longevity.
You are done! So, are ready to release your stress by squishing?
DIY No Balloon Stress Ball
“So, we are using balloons to make stress balls. But, the balloons are made of latex! They are not good for health!” If you fall into this category, then this homemade stress ball is right for you. Made with tissue paper, it takes hardly any time to make this.
What do you need
- Colored tissue papers – 5 to 6
- Roughly cut the tissue papers into different shapes.
- Crush and shape them into a ball of desired size.
You are there!
Try these simple ideas and make a stress ball at home! You do not need any special skills to make one of your choice. Which one do you like? Share your views with us!