Electric shavers are preferred by a large number of men all over the world due to the fact that they are easy to use and provide a closer shave compared to straight razors. To make sure that your shaver always gives you a clean and close shave, it is important to properly clean and maintain it all times. A clean shaver lasts longer and most importantly, reduces the risk of bacteria. When you take proper care of your electric shaver, it gives you better performance every time you shave and puts less stress on its blades and motor, giving it longer life.
Tips on How to Clean and Maintain Electric Shavers
Electric shavers come in different brands and each has its own instructions for maintenance and cleaning. You should make it a point to read the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that you always take proper care of your shaver. You can also use the following tips to properly maintain your electric shaver:
- Tip #1- Always clean your razor after every use: Needless to say, it is important to thoroughly clean your electric shaver after you use it. Not only is it a hygienic practice, it will also prevent excess hairs from gumming up the razor and putting a strain on it. To properly clean your shaver after every use, use degreasers and lubricants that are made specifically for electric shavers.
- Tip #2- Replace blades regularly: Every brand will provide instructions on how to maintain your electric razor. One of the points that will be included is how often you should replace the blades in your electric shaver. You should make sure that you change your blades according to the manufacturer’s recommendation so that your shaver stays in good condition for a long time.
- Tip #3- Check rubber gaskets: Electric shavers have a rubber gasket that is located beneath the cutter block. It is important to check the gasket for cracks as it is there to keep dirt and hair away from the motor area. If you find a crack in it, you should get a new one to replace it right away.
- Tip #4- Clean the cutter block: When you clean your electric shaver, make sure that you do not neglect the cutter block. You can do this by lifting it from its support and removing the dirt and hair that you find there. Use a small brush to clean this part of your shaver. Many brands provide electric shavers with a brush that is made specifically for cleaning the cutter block. You can also use cleaning liquids that are available in stores that sell electric shavers.
- Tip #5- Replace screens regularly: Another important part of maintaining an electric shaver is to replace its screen at least once annually. If you feel that you are not getting a smooth shave, you may need to replace it sooner. Screens can be bought in stores that sell electric shavers or you could also order them from the manufacturing company.
- Tip #6- Always disinfect your razor: You should always make sure to use a disinfectant liquid when you clean your electric shaver. This will keep harmful bacteria and other microorganisms from collecting, causing infection, etc. To keep your shaver sanitary, it is important to use the right products. Be sure to read the manufacturer’s manual before you clean so that you do not make the mistake of using the wrong product.
Proper cleaning and maintenance of electric shavers is vital as you need to take good care of them if you want them to last. Your shaver will also give you a smoother and closer shave when it is in tip-top condition. Its performance depends on how well you take care of it. Regular cleaning prevents bacteria growth and keeps your skin safe from getting infected in case of nicks and cuts.
Unlike straight razors, electrical shavers have different components that need to be cleaned regularly. They also may need replacing if they are damaged. If you leave it neglected, you will not get the smooth performance that you need for a great shave. So if you have been negligent about cleaning and maintaining your electric shaver, it is never too late to get started!