The small size of dust mites is one of the causes why it is very hard for you to know that there are in your house. You will realize when they have multiplied into thousand and this may be in a very short time. Dust mites grow rapidly in warm and dust places where they grow very rapidly leading to heavy infestation in your house. These pests are the root cause for allergies in many children as the feces of them cause these allergies.
Many asthma causes are caused by these mites and therefore you should always try to keep these mites away in your home. Once these pest invade your house each single pest will lay more than a hundred eggs in a very few period and then you can just imagine the kind of pest that will be in your house in just a few weeks. The following are some of the way that you can use to get rid of dust mites that are very dangerous and also can lead to long term complications if they are not properly dealt with.
How to get rid of dust mites in your home
1. It is good to ensure that you prevent the dust mites from entering into your mattresses through the use of covers that can limit the pest from entering to the mattress. This can be done using plastic covers that are hard to penetrate and therefore keeping away these small insects in your house.
2. Keep your house free from dust which is the main cause why people get allergies from these small insects. You can clean your house regularly and ensure that there is no place that has dust to avoid contracting allergies from your house.
3. Vacuum cleaner should be used regularly to clean surface and especially floor carpets that may give room for these pests to stay. This will help to reduce the chances of your house being a breeding den for these microscopic pests in your house.
4. You should not let pets that have fur on your bed as they also attract dust mites. Cat, dogs are some of the best example of animal with fur and therefore keep them away from your bedding to prevent bring these pets in your mattress.
5. You should look for a hard flooring that cannot support the breeding of mite such a tile and vinyl flooring. This is good way that you can use to rid the entire pet that may breed on your floored thereby reducing the chances of having these pests in your house.
6. You should avoid using carpet in your bedroom as carpet can be a good breeding place for the mite. If it is necessary for you to have carpet they should be thoroughly cleaned on various events with steam water to avoid offering a good breeding place for these pests.