Toddlers are at an age where they are discovering the world and are learning new things all the time. It is a delight to decorate the rooms of little kids of this age. There are many ideas that you can use to give your little sweetheart a stylish room that not only looks great but is also comfortable and functional. You are sure to have loads of fun picking out wonderful items for your little toddler’s bedroom as there is a wide array of awesome products that will be perfect. No matter what kind of style you are looking for, you will definitely find great stuff for your little one’s dream bedroom!
Top 10 Decorating Ideas for Your Toddler’s Bedroom
Here are top 10 ideas that you can use to spruce up your toddler’s bedroom and give him or her a wonderful place to play and relax:
- Storybook theme: You may already have an idea of what you want for your little one and if it involves a favourite fairy tale or story, you definitely will not go wrong! You can pick out wallpapers with pictures of his or her favourite story book characters or you could opt for framed pictures and other decorative pieces if you prefer things that can be easily and inexpensively stored away when your toddler outgrows the story book phase.
- Classic look: Many parents are choosing to decorate their toddler’s bedroom with classic styles that cannot get outdated and saves them money as they do not have to be changed after a few years. Nude colours highlighted with bright pops of color are a great choice for parents who want decor that does not require them to spend a lot of money.
- Nursery rhyme theme: All toddlers love nursery rhymes that parents teach them. It is a wonderful idea to use rhymes as inspiration for your toddler’s bedroom decor. Bright colours with nursery rhyme-themed decorative pieces are sure to keep your little one beaming as soon as he or she enters the bedroom!
- Nature-inspired theme: One theme that you can never go wrong with is a nature-inspired one. A wallpaper with a forest or beach scene can make a beautiful backdrop for any type of decor that you may have in mind for your little one’s bedroom.
- Personal touch: If you have an artistic side, there would not be anything that compares to hand-painting your toddler’s bedroom. Motifs on the wall or your personal artwork framed up to cheer up the room is a great idea and will hold sentimental value for many years to come. You could also paint the lighting fixtures with cheerful pictures or cartoon characters or even create your own chandelier!
- Vintage style: There is nothing that stays in style for years than a vintage theme. Whether your little one is a boy or girl, there are many things that you can do with this style of decor. Stripes in solid yet bold colours on the walls and classic bed-linen will complement each other perfectly. The awesome thing about this theme is that you can color wherever you want to… just do not go overboard!
- White with pops of color: One way to make sure that you do not have to spend money on redecorating your little one’s bedroom in a few years is to paint the walls white. You can add color by getting a lamp that has a shade with story book or nursery rhyme characters or pictures, a bright bed or curtains to make the room appealing to a tot of your little angel’s age. This is a wise choice as you can do many things with a basic white backdrop.
- Wildlife theme: Kids love animals and what better way to encourage this love for animals than by decorating your toddler’s bedroom with animal pictures and other knick-knacks? It is also a great way to teach little kids about the many different animals that exist. What is great about this theme is that it will appeal to little boys and girls alike!
- Countryside theme: This is another great decorating idea for both little girls and boys. Checked curtains, a bed made out of wood with simple bed linens and artwork and other decorative items can be found with this simple yet lovely theme. This is also another theme that will not lose its appeal even after your little one grows past the toddler stage.
- Modern and simplistic: Another decorating idea that many parents opt for nowadays is a minimalistic contemporary theme. It does not have to be sparse if you make sure to keep the right balance between sparse and simplistic. It is clutter-free, but you can still make sure that your little one has all the amenities he or she needs to store toys, books and other things that are loved. This theme will also save you the trouble of having to make changes that require extra expenditure.
When it comes to decorating your toddler’s bedroom, the possibilities are endless. You have many different themes to choose from, not to mention, a vast collection of decorative pieces and furniture that are especially designed for little toddlers’ rooms. So go ahead and have fun sprucing up your little angel’s bedroom and give him or her a room to love and remember forever!