How To Get Rid Of Boyfriends
Having a boyfriend can be great, especially if you have them to carry your things and do everything just for you. Boyfriends are pretty much more than that; but there comes a time when you just have to get rid of him. So how can you get rid of your boyfriend?
- The “Completely Honest” Approach. This is probably the best way to get rid of your boyfriend, but at the same time, the most difficult. You certainly don’t want to hurt his feelings, but you have to. Although being honest is not easy, it is still the best way to have a clean break-up. If you want to take the honest approach, meet up with him personally. Tell him face to face that it’s over. Letting him know exactly why you’re breaking up with him is just optional. But remember that you don’t have to explain why you’re ending the relationship.
- The “Honest But Through a Third Person” Approach. If you think you can’t tell your boyfriend personally that you want to end the relationship, another option is to ask one of your friends to do it for you. This way the pressure is off your shoulders. However, the drawback of this approach is that your boyfriend will not easily believe what your friend has to say, leading back to talking to you face to face.
- The “John? I Never Knew Any John” Approach. This approach works best if you don’t want to have a one-on-one talk with your boyfriend. You can simply disappear in his life. Don’t answer his phone calls; don’t reply to his text messages; block him from your instant messenger; change your e-mail and cell phone number. That way, he’ll get the idea that you are no longer interested in him anymore. This avoidance approach also works if you are in a long distance relationship. Just remember that this boy you are avoiding is a person—and he deserves honesty. If you really don’t have the guts to talk to him in person, send him a short e-mail.
- The “I am Horrible, Break Up with Me” Approach. This is usually done in the movies when you, wanting to end the relationship, act ridiculous so your lover will want to break up with you. You don’t have to hurt your boyfriend’s feelings. But the downside of this approach is you have to look silly—which ruins your reputation.
- The No Contact Rule. This means that you are to have no contact with him for at least thirty days. By this way, feelings will just slowly fade as time passes by and no communication is involved.
The different approaches mentioned above are guaranteed to get rid of your boyfriend, except if he is quite abusive. Some have to deal with taking it out on the person who has the fault or the “culprit” which will happen to be you when you break up with him. To avoid this, you better leave as soon as possible or stay at a friend’s house or with somebody you can trust. If your boyfriend hunts you down, call the police. But remember that there is no reason to put up with violence. No boyfriend or girlfriend is worth that.