Love is everywhere. It’s in your garden, porch, air and on the windshield on your car. It’s this love that is driving people crazy. It’s the LOVE BUGS. You may find them stuck in your hair, nose, clothes and even mouth. It is almost impossible to get rid of them but it is never too late to experiment something to exterminate them. Even insecticides are not able to extinguish them. But do try as there is no harm in it. Follow the below given steps and you may find success in evacuating the love bugs.
How to Get Rid of Love Bugs at home
Unless and until your house is completely sealed, love bugs will some way or the other enters your home sweet home. The following steps have worked for others in evacuating love bugs from their houses. You can even follow it:
- Bucket of water with soap: pour a bucket full of water along with some detergent soap in the areas where you find this bugs swarming.
- Blast them with a water hose: take a water hose, point it at a bunch of them in the corners of your house, and shoot the little things down.
- Insect spray on your door: spray any insect spray around your door to keep these bugs out of your house. Some may even get poisoned when they come near or touch the door.
- Blow them away with the fan: keep your ceiling fan on to keep this bugs away from your house.
- Use a vacuum cleaner: sucking these bugs with the vacuum is the best and easiest way to get rid of these bugs.
- Step on them or smash them: use your shoes and just step on them and kill them. You can remove all your frustration on it.
- Paint your house with a dark colour: love bugs get attracted to light or white colour. So paint your house with a dark colour to avoid them.
- Light some mosquito candles: mosquito candles possess the capacity to kill many small insects like love bugs.
Getting Rid of love bugs on your Car
Love bugs can permanently damage your car paint if not removed quickly. Not only this but these bugs are also known for clogging radiator air passages of cars, causing them to overheat. Therefore, it is better to get rid of this bugs from your car as soon as possible. the following steps can be followed to get rid of them:
- Cooking spray on your car
- Get them off with dryer sheets
- Try baby oil
- Paint or wax your car
- Drive slowly
- Install wind deflectors
- Car bra on your front bumper
- Drive at night
Getting Rid of love bugs through Commercial Insecticide
Certain types of commercial insecticide are very useful in discarding this love bugs. They are as follows:
- Insect spray
- Bug remover
- Insect zapper
If nothing works tan wait for the bugs to die. That’s all you can do.