Do you want some great tips to help you remove chlorine stains? Well, you are in luck because we have effective solutions that can help you do just that! Chlorine stains are possibly one of the ugliest stains that you could have on your clothes. And they are tough to remove! Fortunately, they are a challenge to remove but not impossible. You will be glad to know that there is more than one method that you can use to remove unsightly chlorine stains from your clothes.
Chlorine Stain Removal Methods
Here are 3 methods that you can use to remove chlorine stains from your clothes and make them look as good as new once more:
Method 1: Using Sodium Thiosulphate
For this method, you will need sodium thiosulphate, which is a photographic fixer. It is also known as “Dechlor”. You can find it in film developing supply or aquarium treatment supply stores. This is best for new stains. Follow these simple steps to remove chlorine stains with this chemical:
- The first step is to dip a cloth that is clean and absorbent into the liquid.
- Next, blot the stain thoroughly with the sodium thiosulphate-soaked cloth. Continue to do this until the stain disappears, the area is saturated with the chemical or the fabric cannot soak up any more of it
- Once you have treated the stain, rinse the affected area with water. If necessary, repeat the progress.
Once you have removed the chlorine stain, wash the garment with a good detergent and you will have it looking great once more.
Method 2: Using White Vinegar
As you know, vinegar comes in handy for more than just cooking. It is an effective solution for the removal of chlorine stains from clothes. This is a great option if you would rather not use chemicals. Follow these simple steps to remove stains caused by chlorine:
- Soak a clean, absorbent cloth with vinegar and dab the stain until it, and the area around it, is completely saturated.
- After a while, rinse off the dabbed area and repeat the process. Chlorine stains are neutralized by vinegar and it prevents them from getting worse. It also clears away existing stains by removing a film that develops on the fabric.
This is an easy and safe solution that works well with chlorine and other types of stains.
Method 3: Using Fabric Markers
Did you know that fabric markers can be used to remove chlorine stains? They are an excellent stain removal solution especially for stains that are particularly tough to get rid of. What is great is that you can find them in any crafts store without difficulty. Follow these steps to effectively remove chlorine stains with markers:
- Firstly, pick the marker shade that matches the color of your fabric most closely. Before you use it to remove the stain, test the color on a small part of the fabric that is hidden.
- If the color matches the fabric, apply it to the stain and the area around it.
- Next, expose the fabric directly to sunlight. The sun’s rays will fade the area around the chlorine stain and help in evening out the shades.
That is all you need to do! If you think it is necessary, touch up the area that you treated with the fabric marker after every laundering session.
As you can see, chlorine stains are a challenge to remove but it is possible to get it done. The best thing about the methods mentioned above is that they are quite simple and do not take up too much of your time. So next time you see a chlorine stain, do not stress!