Want to change the battery of your Noble Nook e-reader, but don’t know how to go about it? Well, don’t worry! You have come to the right place. Just read this step-by-step tutorial and you will be an expert in changing the battery of your Barnes and Noble Nook eReader.
Understanding The ereader
The Barnes and Noble Nook eReader is a well-known electronic device wherein one can store over thousands of digital books. Nooks are a lightweight, compact way to carry along your books anywhere you go. Another attractive feature of the Nook eReader is that it has the ability to lend the books purchased and stored on Nook to other Nook readers. Similarly, you can also borrow a book from another Nook eReader.
Adding further, the Nook eReader also offers 3G and Wi-Fi connectivity. Nook has a rechargeable battery, but can be replaced in case of a problem. This user-replaceable battery provides numerous options to the users to extend the operation time of the device. This is because there is no need to send the device out for a new power source.
Tips to Change the Battery of a Barnes and Noble Nook eReader
The procedure to change the battery of a Nooks and Noble eReader is quite simple. It can be done with the help of a battery replacement kit. This kit is easily available at stores and online. These kits are easy to use with help from instruction manuals and installation video.
However, here are step-wise instructions to change the battery so that you can enjoy hours of uninterrupted reading.
- Unplug the eReader from the power adaptor.
- Turn the eReader off.
- Pull and remove the back cover.
- Place the Nook eReader face down over a flat surface. Make sure the top of eReader faces away from you.
- At the back of your eReader, find the tab and screw that hold the battery in place. These are located at the top of the Nook eReader.
- The next step is to unscrew and remove the holding screw from its place. Be careful when placing the screw aside to prevent losing it. It is tiny!
- Pull the battery out of the eReader. You can use your finger nail to pull it out. Put your finger nail in the space provided at the upper left corner of the battery.
- After you have pulled out the battery, press down against the battery top towards the lower end of the Nook while simultaneously moving the finger upwards. This would help the top part of the battery to come up and out of the battery slot.
- Hold the battery and pull out.
- The next step asks you to insert the new battery. To do this, put the two tabs, present on the battery’s bottom edge, onto the matching slots present at the bottom edge of the battery slot.
- Place the battery’s top edge and lower it onto the place to make it lie flat in the compartment.
- Replace the screw to hold the battery in its place.
- Place the back cover into its place.
Things To Remember When Replacing Nook Ereader Battery
You need to be extremely careful while removing and replacing the parts of your eReader during the battery changing process. The parts are delicate and need careful handling. After you have changed the battery, it is important to keep the following things in mind before you start using the new battery.
- Make sure your eReader is unplugged and switched off before removing the battery. Many people either don’t turn off the device or forget to unplug it before removing the battery. This can cause damage to the device.
- Make sure to place the removed screw in a safe place, where it is not at the risk of getting misplaced. You may not get a new one as replacement. Moreover, you may end up sending the device to company service station for battery replacement which will cost you money.
- Most importantly, remember to charge the battery for minimum 30 minutes before use.