For maintaining your health, a nutritious diet has its importance. An unhealthy diet results in weight gain, unregulated metabolism, and damage to the organs. Now you should know that whatever you eat is not only affecting inside your body but also the outer part, skin. The food you eat every day contributes to the health and aging of the skin, you can control them to a better extent. Let’s look into some of the best food items and the good practices that can serve your skin with health benefits.
Eat that suits for healthy skin
Everything that you eat has its effect on the body parts, you may not be knowing about this, mostly. Skin is one among those where you can easily recognize the changes occurring, it may be dryness, skin conditions, or aging. If you are facing any of these issues, understand that you have to keep an eye on your diet for ensuring that your skin cells are developing perfectly. All foods are not suitable for everyone, there are some preferences for each, here is the list of certain foods that can improve skin health. Let’s look through these food items, you can decide about the food items you like and prepare a perfect diet chart that contributes to your health.
- Fatty fish– The fishes like salmon, mackerel, and herring come with lots of benefits. It has presence of large amounts of omega-3 fatty acids that maintain skin health. The skin will remain moisturized, the deficiency of this element can cause dryness. These fish items also have vitamin E, which is an important antioxidant that protects your skin from the damage caused by free radicals and inflammation. The zinc content in this fish helps in the reduction of inflammation, promotes the production of new skin cells and retains healthy skin.
- Avocados– Including this in your diet helps you with the proper functioning of your body, also to keep skin healthy. They even have compounds that protect the skin from sun damage, it provides you a flexible and moisturized skin. The vitamin E and vitamin C present in this food item protect your skin from oxidative damage.
- Red grapes– It contains the compound called resveratrol, which offers health benefits including the reduction of effects of aging. They offer effective protection to the skin from getting damaged by the harmful free radicals that damage the skin cells.
- Walnuts– Being a good source of fatty acids, like omega-3 and omega-6, it provides essential elements to the body. They also have other essential nutrients that promote the good health of your skin. It helps in wound healing, also in reducing inflammation and bacterial attacks on the body.
- Sweet potatoes- Beta carotene is an essential element that functions as a provitamin A, which can be converted into vitamin A in your body. Carotenoids function by supporting the health of the skin, this antioxidant incorporates to provide natural protection from sun exposure.
- Broccoli– They are a rich source of vitamins and minerals that can benefit the positive effects on the skin. It has a carotenoid named lutein present in them, which protects your skin from oxidative damage, preventing dryness and wrinkles. Another element known as sulforaphane in the broccoli helps to reduce the number of skin cell damage when it is exposed to the sun.
- Soy– They are rich in isoflavones that can reduce wrinkles and improve the elasticity of the skin. It has effects like reducing skin dryness and increasing the collagen rate, this will keep your skin stronger and smoother. Soy is also known for its benefit in protecting from UV radiation that can damage your skin.
- Dark Chocolate– The cocoa has good effects on your skin, it helps to get thicker and hydrated healthy skin. It also has several other nutrients that can improve the blood flow and in protecting from sunburns. There are several types of dark chocolates available in the market. Make sure that you are buying the one with at least 70% cocoa content for better results.
How does diet act on skin problems?
People always expect the results to be ready once they have changed their diet, which is not possible. When you start bringing positive differences in eating habits, the new skin takes its time to emerge to the surface showing the results of your efforts. There are some people who are suffering from particular skin conditions, you can bring good effects by following a proper diet. The infection and inflammation of the sebaceous glands cause acne, this worries many people who want healthy skin. You will have to lower the saturated and hydrogenated fats in the processed foods, fast foods, and high carb food items. The red skin patches appearing with silvery scales is known as psoriasis, seen mostly in the elbows and knees. They give you itchy sensations, which can cause the skin to crack and bleed in some cases. Along with the factors like sunburn, alcohol, smoking, stress, obesity, and stress, it can also be triggered by your food habits. If you are suffering from this condition, make sure that you keep your diet low in saturated fats and high amounts of anti-inflammatory ingredients. Another skin condition that creates red patches is eczema, which can appear anywhere on the skin. It has the common effect of food sensitivity, you can calm down the symptoms by adding omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, and vitamin E to your diet. The foods to be avoided are milk, eggs, fish, cheese, nuts, and food additives, they can trigger eczema.
How to feed your skin?
Feeding skin is not a difficult task, you just have to be careful about the choices you make while you eat. The lifestyle you follow has a great effect on your skin, if you are opting for a healthy way of living the skin can be protected in the process.
- The food choices you make should be whole, unrefined, or minimally refined plants, legumes, vegetables, fruits, and grains which can support you with all the nutrients required. Your main focus should be on planning your diet on the basis of organic vegetables and fruits with the required amounts of proteins and healthy fats. The necessary amounts of essential elements vary in individuals, so you can take advice from a dietician to decide the food you need to include more in your diet.
- It is always good to consume the food mostly in its natural state, the better choice that you can make is to go with organic foods. Many situations are there where you can avoid the usage of processed food or reduce the quantity of intake, which helps you in maintaining skin health. Depending on the foods that are raw or lightly cooked to get the beneficial nutrients, overcooking is not good as it diminishes the nutritional value of the food.
- Pack your meal with nutrient-dense foods so that you only have less space for the nutrient-deficient foods. This practice helps you attain the limit of proteins and minerals you need daily, at the same time you don’t have to satisfy your hunger cravings with unhealthy food.
- Make your meal colorful and filled with varieties, eating things of the same type will surely displease your taste. You can choose the fruits and vegetables according to the season, many have similar benefits which you need from the diet. Eating fruits and vegetables of various colors helps in filling your body with a high concentration of antioxidants.
- You have individual preferences for food and not everything that you plan to include in the diet work for your skin. So, decide on the unique tastes and nutritional levels that you need for the skin, eat healthy adding the food that suits you.
Wrapping up thoughts
The first thing you should know is that once the damage is done to the skin, it is difficult to reduce its effect. It is always wise to care for your skin at the earliest, like any other part of the body skin should also be kept healthy. The food enlisted here and the ways you need to plan your diet will surely support you in protecting your beautiful skin. Following a proper and healthy diet is necessary to avoid skin damages and the early causes of wrinkles. You can get the help of a nutritionist to decide on the foods that suit your taste and the requirement of elements for your skin. If your skin is healthier, you are surely going to look younger than your age.