Children and teenagers as well as older people are often affected by hair loss. This condition is often genetic but often is caused by other factors.
Detailed Cause Info
Hair loss sometimes is hereditary, coming from either the mother or father’s generation. Premature baldness at an early age also sometimes is genetic, such as people balding when they are a teenager.
However genetics is not the only cause of balding. Other reasons for balding are explained below:
- Chemical use-Too many of the wrong dyes, sprays, gels, and other styling products can cause excessive hair loss (over the normal 10% that everyone experiences). If you dye your hair more than once every six to eight weeks that could be one reason you are now showing more scalp.
- Cancer treatments-Chemotherapy patients are the largest group of cancer patients who seem to have balding problems. Some people undergoing such treatments may even lose all hair.
- Iron deficiency-Anemia is another common cause of balding. This lack of iron and decreased production of red blood cells can also lead to more serious health problems. That is why you are advised to each high-iron foods if you are iron deficient. Examples of such include the following: kidney, fish, liver, beef (lean varieties), oat bran, wheat bran, or anchovies.
- Hormonal changes-In women, hormonal imbalances occur during pregnancy and menopause stages. For men, increased hair loss is a result of dihydroxy testosterone production that stunts the natural re-growth cycle.
- Stress-This stress could result from a psychological problem or emotional distress. It could also be a side-effect of not getting enough sleep or overloading yourself with too much work. Regardless of the reason for the stress, it can cause hair loss.
The above is not a complete list of reasons why people lose hair. However, it covers all the top reasons for such a problem.
Getting Rid of Hair Loss
A variety of hair loss treatments can be used. It is your choice of what kind you prefer but you should know that numerous options for treatment are provided for you.
Listed below are some common hair loss treatments:
- Home herbal medicines– Some solutions are made especially for women while others are made especially for men. Usually the ingredient list includes nutrients that help enrich the scalp and follicles. For instance, the popular Provillus product (male version) has in it Vitamin B6, Biotin, Magnesium, Zinc, Saw Palmetto, and an herbal proprietary blend. It also has in it the active ingredient Minoxidil that has been patented for re-growth use
- Scalp massages– This will help stimulate your scalp and encourages increased circulation. This improved blood flow can really help your hair grow better and thus baldness can be prevented. Several studies have been done on men and the connection between improved blood circulation and improved regeneration process.
- Prevention foods– High-protein foods with fatty acid qualities such as soy, fish, canola oil, avocados, and walnuts can really combat increased bareness on top of your head. Any foods that have Omega 3 fatty acids can keep the scalp conditioned in order to prevent baldness. These kinds of foods also help fight against inflammation.