Arthritis is the condition in which there is a lot of pain and damage to the joints of the body. Arthritis is usually found in the people of above 55 years of age. It can be found in any part of the body but usually the most common areas are hands, spine, hips, knees and feet. The pain may be usually less in the beginning but the pain can get worse as these joints gets used over the passage of time.
There are different types of arthritis but the commonest form is osteoarthritis. The reason is that the abnormal wearing of the cartilage covers the joints or sometimes the synovial fluid which lubricates the joints gets destructed. The symptoms of the arthritis are usually the chronic pains in the joints. The cases may vary from patient to patient but sometimes the humid weather can increase the pains of the patient.
How to Get Rid of the Pain
Following are some of the ways to get rid of the pain:
- Take your Medications Regularly – Some people take the medications only when they feel the pain. This concept if wrong, you should take your medications on regular basis to keep the pain in control.
- Avoid Putting Pressure – if you have pain in your knee then avoid putting pressure on it. It is better to make use of a walking stick or a cane to support in walking.
- Lose Weight – Obesity is one of the great reasons of these arthritis pains. Try to lose which will help in reliving the pressure and the pain.
- Get Proper Rest – If you go to work on regular basis and have a strict schedule then make sure you take some time off it to have a break. Your body needs rest and a proper sleep of about 12 to 16 hours if your schedule has been tighter. Also make sure you get 7-8 hours’ sleep.
Some other Treatments
If the problems persist even after the above mentioned treatments then you need to follow some of these steps:
- NSAIDs (Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) – These NSAIDs help reduce the pain as well as the inflammation. Common NSAIDs are ibuprofen.
- Acetaminophen – These are ideal for the people having moderate arthritis as it helps reducing the pain but not the swelling.
- Cortisone treatment – These are the injections which are given in severe joints pain.
Some severe cases create difficulty to do even your daily chores and for that you need to go for the surgical operations like bone fusion, joint replacement, debridement etc.
So, with all the above mentioned solutions, you no longer need to suffer the pain of arthritis.