What Are Genital Warts?
Genital warts is a sexually transmitted disease that is caused by the human papillomavirus, which is also known as HPV. While genital warts is a disease that can be treated, it is one that does not go away. The outbreaks of genital warts looks just like a wart that you might get anywhere else. Warts can range in size from the size of a ballpoint pen to a large cluster of warts that appears to be one big wart. These warts can usually be found on the outside of the female and male sexual organs. In females, warts can occur inside of the sexual organs near the cervix and around the anus. HPV can cause cervical cancer in the females that have it. There are many different options for treating genitals warts. The warts can be removed, but outbreaks can still occur.
- Over The Counter Treatments. It is possible to purchase over the counter medicines that burn or freeze a wart off. These treatments are only recommended for external genital warts. These types of treatments are not for genital warts that are inside of the body. For internal genital warts, you will have to see a doctor to have them removed. Many different kinds of creams and ointments can be purchased online or at your local drugstore.
- Wartrol Genital Wart Relief. Many folks have turned to using Wartrol, which claims to use one hundred percent all natural ingredients. This remedy is said to contain homeopathic that can help with genital wart outbreaks. User state this product relieves symptoms and helps warts disappear.
Surgical Options For Removing Genital Warts
- Cyrotherapy. Cyrotherpy is where doctors apply liquid nitrogen to your warts every two weeks in an attempt to freeze the warts off. This kind of treatment allows the wart to fall off by creating a blister around the area. Freezing genital warts can be painful. You cannot expect results if you do not faithfully attend treatments.
- Electrocautery. This is a kind of genital wart treatment where a doctor attempts to use an electrical current to remove your warts. This can cause the wart to burn off.
- Excisions. This is where the doctor uses basic instruments to cut off the warts. Anesthesia will be applied of course.
The best way to prevent genital warts is to save yourself for marriage to the one you love and to abstain from sexual relations. If this is something that is not possible for you to accomplish, the next best thing that you can do to protect yourself from this preventable disease is to practice safe sex every chance that you have. Genital warts is caused by a virus. This is not a curable disease. While you can get rid of your warts for a period of time, outbreaks always can reoccur. If you do not practice safe sex, you could end up living with genital warts and HPV for the rest of your life.