We’ve all had those uh-oh (will that stain?) moments. If you’ve done it to yourself, or it happens to be someone else’s fault, you’ll still have a stain to deal with in the end. Some might be easier to get rid of while others not so much. Clumsiness can easily be forgiven but that doesn’t mean you should be left with a punishing stain. There are many ways to deal with all kinds stains. But the faster you tend to it, the less effort you’ll have to put in when scrubbing later.
Let’s paint a situation here. You’re walking around the house enjoying some delicious apple sauce when suddenly you trip over the rug and you’re now not only wearing it but so is your rug. So stains aren’t picky over whom they’ll victimise. They can happen to anybody, especially when you aren’t being careful, but then again, there is no foolproof way to avoid stains.
So now that you have that apple sauce stain to deal, here are a few ways to deal with it.
Apple Stains on Clothes
– Hot and cold water
Make sure when you have an apple stain to deal with, you work quickly.
- Remove any of the sauce or other substance containing apple that might stain.
- Run some water over the fabric. Cold water should work for this part.
- Add some oxygen rich bleach to hot water in a bucket and place stained clothes in it to soak for a while.
- Repeat the process again if necessary before washing.
(Make sure the stain is gone before you put your clothes in the dryer, or else it will set the stain.)
Apple Stain on Carpet or Rug
– Cloth/ Paper towel
– Dish washing liquid
– Hydrogen peroxide
– White vinegar
– Warm water
- First, you’ll need to remove any solids from the affected area.
- Mix some of the liquid soap with a little warm water and apply over the affected area.
- Leave for 10-15 minutes.
- If the stain comes out, dab the area with a wet towel or cloth.
- For a more stubborn stain use a mix of hydrogen peroxide and ammonia.
- Cover the area with plastic and leave it for 2-3 hours.
- Rinse with water.
- Finally dab the affected spot with white vinegar and pat with a wet cloth, then dry it with some paper towel.
Apple Stains on Upholstery
– Dishwashing liquid
– Cold water
- Remove any remaining solids.
- Mix some of the dish liquid in a little cold water.
- Dipping a sponge in it apply the solution to the affected part. Make sure you do this till the solution gets absorbed.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times till the stain disappears.
- Once the stain is gone use some cold water to rinse the soapy solution out and dry with a clean cloth.
Apple Stains on Wood
– Dishwashing soap
– Warm water
– Wax/ Polish
- Mix the soap and warm according to your requirement and work up a foam
- Using a cloth, gather up some of this lather and wipe the spot that will develop a stain.
- Clean off the suds with a clean, damp cloth.
- Be sure to wax or polish the wooden surface as soon as possible.
Apple Stains on Silver
– Hot water
– Soft, clean cloth
- You will need to wash the silver in hot soapy water.
- Rinse in more hot water
- Dry with a clean soft cloth.
Use these tips to get rid of apple stains and keep different surfaces in your home stain-free.