There are times when you realize that a lot of extra money goes into your gym membership when you don’t even use it much. For those times, you need to slow down, ease up and let your membership go. Remember a few easy steps and you can get rid of it without any problem.
How Did You Get It?
Okay, so you want it off. But how did you get it in the first place?
- You got it yourself. Thought about getting back into shape and got the extra membership to cover your bum for the rest of the year.
- You got it as a gift. Concerned family or friends gifted you one, but hey, you don’t need it because you already have a life, and gym does not include itself in it.
- It’s required. In some jobs it is a necessity that goes with the job description.
Why Cancel Your Gym Membership?
Remember that a gym membership’s a great thing, especially when it is free. But hey, sometimes there are reasons to get rid of it:
- Cutting some real expenses. Most gyms cost about $40-$50, and you are saving it.
- Why keep it when you don’t use it? Many a times you would see that there’s a membership, but you just don’t have the time. What do you do then? Removing it sounds smart.
- Expense. Ouch, the expense is a lot, and if a gym does not give you value for money, take it elsewhere.
- You already get exercise. You are a regular swimmer and go to the bowling alley every day, and do a lot of jogging. You don’t need a gym membership.
Have It Canceled
Go to the gym’s office and just tell them you want this cancelled. Remember the following:
- Before clearing out your membership, the gym might charge you your past dues, along with a cancellation fee.
- They might make you sign a clearance fee if you have used/borrowed equipments.
- Certain waivers need to be signed.
- Any refunds would be made at this point.
Wait Out the Expiration
Yes, it might not be an instant process, and some times you might be unable to cancel it outright. Relax and just wait out the date of expiry. Notify the people you don’t want to use the gym, and then if they ask for added charges, let them know you are no longer interested.
Buy Home Exercise Equipment
There are a thousand different kinds of products which can give you a fit body and strong muscles without the benefit of any gym. In the long run, these are more convenient, and they also fit around your tight work schedule. So consider using free weights, joggers, walkers, cycling machines, and other such instruments.
Just because you left the gym does not mean you have to be flabby and unappealing. Doing a few simple steps would work wonders for your body and ego.