Paneer Manchurian is one of the most popular variants of Gobi Manchurian and is as one of the most demanded Indo-Chinese recipe of restaurants. Soft and melt-in-mouth cottage cheese slices are deep fried to golden brown and then simmered in subtle soy flavored sauce. While the dry variant of paneer Manchurian is more in demand, the gravy based dish goes great with crunchy noodles. Get ready to serve a tasty treat for your taste buds with these lip smacking, easy to prepare delicacy.
Read on to catch up the ingredients list and the method of preparation to try some at home.
The Ingredients List
Here are the list on ingredients you need to have within reachable distance to get started with your cooking.
Ingredients for the Manchurian
- Paneer – 2 cups, cut into 1 inch cubes
- All purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Cornstarch – 2 tbsp
- Rice flour – ½ tbsp [Optional, but adding this will give the dry vegetable Manchurian a crispier touch]
- Garlic, ginger, and green chili paste – 2 tbsp
- White pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Vegetable oil – for deep frying
Ingredients For The Sauce
- Spring onion greens – ¼ cup, washed, drained, finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 tbsp, finely minced
- Ginger – 1 tbsp, finely grated
- Green chilies – 3, finely chopped
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Dark soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Chili sauce – 2 tsp
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Tomato ketchup – 3 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Sesame seed oil – 2 tbsp
- Spring onion greens – 3 tbsp, finely chopped
How To Make Paneer Manchurian
How To Deep Fry The Paneer
1. Sieve in the flours into a mixing bowl.
2. Add ginger garlic chili paste, white pepper powder, salt, and paneer to the flours.
3. Toss to ensure even coating and keep aside.
4. Add 3 cups of oil to your deep frying pan kept on medium to high flame. Wait until the oil starts smoking.
5. Lower the flame to medium and add a couple of paneer pieces, without overcrowding, to the hot oil.
6. Deep fry paneer cubes, turning intermittently, until they turn dark golden brown.
7. Using a slotted spoon, remove the fried paneer cubes and transfer to a flat, large dish lined thickly with kitchen paper towels.
8. Repeat the same process until all paneer pieces have been deep fried. Keep aside.
How To Prepare The Sauce
9. Place a large frying pan on high flame and add 2 tbsp cooking oil to it.
10. Wait until the oil turns piping hot.
11. Add the minced garlic, ginger, and green chilies, to the oil. Sauté those on high flame for about 2 to 3 minutes or till garlic turns into golden brown in color.
12. Add the spring onion greens and continue sautéing for few more minutes.
13. Add the deep fried paneer cubes to the mixture and sauté for 2 minutes more.
14. Reduce the heat to medium.
15. Add tomato ketchup, chili sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and salt to the mixture.
16. Cook the mixture for 3 minutes more.
17. Add about 1/8 cup water and simmer for 5 minutes or until mixture turns almost dry.
18. Adjust the seasoning.
19. Increase the flame to high and toss for a minute to ensure that mixture is completely dry.
20. Remove the pan from heat, add chopped green spring onions, and toss well.
21. Serve hot.
For The Gravy Version
1. Add 1 tbsp corn flour to water, mix until well dissolved, and keep aside.
2. In step 15, before mixing in the sauces, add 1 cup of water and allow to come to boil. Mix in the sauces and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Add the corn flour mixture and simmer for 2 more minutes, stirring continuously to allows the gravy to thicken.
4. Remove from heat and keep aside.
5. Mix in deep fried paneer cubes and spring onions just before serving and serve atop noodles.
How do you like to have your paneer Manchurian? Share your thoughts with us.