“When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings; name them one by one”
If ever you feel like your tap of confidence is running dry, give these quotes a read. There is unlimited potential within you waiting to be explored, waiting to be made the best of and waiting to exonerate the very being that is you.
1. “To anyone that ever told you you’re no good… They’re no better.” —Hayley Williams.
Naysayers will be naysayers. Let them be. Don’t ever underestimate your abilities and never draw lines of comparisons. As long as you don’t doubt yourself, it doesn’t matter what the others think.
2. “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” —Christopher Robin
Keep this quote in mind when you find that you doubt yourself. There is an unbelievable amount of potential within you. It just hasn’t been tapped yet. Don’t let go of the endless possibilities that potential can bring.
3. “Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it.” —Bruce Lee
There’s one only You out there in the world, so don’t let that slip from you by trying to be someone you aren’t. Maybe you could fool a bunch of people, and that’s okay. The real person you would be fooling is yourself and that’s too big of a risk to take.
4. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
You are unique and beautiful in your own little way, don’t let anyone or anything change that. If you manage to hold your stance, regardless of the situation, you have accomplished far more than you think you have.
5. “To establish true self-esteem, we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.”–Denis Waitley
Failure teaches you a lot more than you think it does. Failure is essentially the stepping stone to success. If you can see a failure as more than just a failure, you can achieve a tremendous amount.
6. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”—Ralph Waldo Emerson
You are one of the most powerful forces in the world out there, you just don’t know it yet. When you feel like you lack confidence, just remember this. There’s nothing that can stop you from maximizing your potential. The only thing standing in your way is you. See beyond just that and you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.
7. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” —Dr. Benjamin Spock
Underestimating oneself is one of the biggest crimes one can commit. If you stop believing in yourself, you’re a lost cause. You don’t need someone to go the extra mile to reaffirm their confidence in you. You can do that for yourself, if you just believe.
8. “Confidence… thrives on honesty, on honour, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt
Self confidence is one the best assets you could possess. When you believe in yourself, nothing can bring you down. Not the critics, not the naysayers and certainly not the haters. Wear your confidence with pride, let it be your shield to protect you from the uncertain.
9. “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.”–Helen Keller
Confidence is your double edged sword. It’s your driving force pushing you forward to achieve anything you set your heart to. When you wear that look of confidence, nothing can stand in your way, simply because you know that no obstacle is too large to get past.
10. “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.” —J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Life is too short to be rolling in self doubt, cradling negativity and wishing upon a star to dramatically change the course of your life. You can take charge, and when you do, nothing is too big, too hard or too impossible for you.
11. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” —Buddha
Sure, you shower bundles of love and affection on everyone else. What about the most important person in your life? What about you? You deserve love and when it’s coming from within it’s an unstoppable force.
12. “The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable.” —Paul Tillich
Impossible is nothing when you get past the self doubt and don confidence that’s been hidden for a long time. Acceptance is the first step to greatness and it begins with courage. Courage to accept oneself and do the impossible.
13. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.” —Dr. Seuss
Now for some Doctor Seuss wisdom! You are what makes you, you. Today you are you, and that is truer than true, there is no one else who is youer than you!
14. “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.” —J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
When you think that you can’t do it, think of this quote. It’s amazing how when you change your mindset, your outlook to things, you can do incredible things.
It’s amazing how 26 alphabets can pack so much meaning and hope by something as simple as multiple permutations and combinations. When in doubt, we hope you turn to these quotes to get you going on your path to greatness. I believe you can, and you should too.