Are you worried about arguments among your near ones during Christmas? Christmas is about harmony and love. Sharing of joy among families enhance the pleasure of this festival. People come together to celebrate it with excitement. However, at times arguments arise in families during such festivals due to misunderstanding or any other reason and can spoil the pleasure of the festival. So here are some important and effective tips on how to avoid family arguments at Christmas and make your Christmas Eve peaceful.
Important Tips to avoid Family fights during Christmas
1) Plan the Event in Advance: Plan everything so that there are no confusions on the last minute. Distribute the duties to all the family members equally so that no single person gets overburdened. It is ok to take help from your family members at such times. So do not feel shy and discuss everything openly. Also listen to other members’ suggestions and work on it.
2) Quiet and Pleasant Mood: If you are the host then you need to have a pleasant mood. Ensure that everything is going well. Your guests should be comfortable and have a nice time. Gossips create misunderstanding, and often lead to big fights unknowingly. If someone tries to gossip with you cut off the topic immediately. Your politeness will avoid the pointless fight. You can stay busy with the household work or keep them busy by asking them for help. Idleness always initiates needless combats. Keep your guests engaged in Christmas preparations. They will feel happy to be a part of your work.
3) Limited alcohol: If you are hosting a party, serve alcohol in a limited portion so that it cannot be a reason for any hostility. Make it very clear to the guests that nobody will drink and drive. Since you are the host you should also refrain yourself from drinking too much of alcohol.
4) Keep Kids Happy: Christmas always brings excitement amongst kids as it gives them a break from the boring routine. But this break can often lead to exhaustion and irritability if they are not entertained properly. Too much of playing, lack of sleep, eating junk food and playing until late night can make kids cranky. If you set some routine and involve kids in some interesting activities, they will have a nice time. Give them lots of gifts. Gifts need not be expensive; you can also make handmade gifts for kids. Arrange games for them, set some dance, music and cook their favorite food like cakes and cookies. Always take special care of the kids of your relatives because if they get grouchy your guests would not enjoy their holiday.
5) Sharing Cost can be Helpful: During Christmas, a lot of shopping is done for decoration, catering and buying gifts for everyone in the family. If a single person bears all the expenses, then there are chances of getting frustrated, which can spoil the relation. If everyone decides to contribute, you can have a grand celebration without being burdened.
6) Take a break from Traditional Routine: Some people often plan a short trip to nearby places for their guests. You should do research of the picnic spot in advance and make reservations to avoid last minute hassles. Some amusement spots also offer Christmas bonanza for visitors so you can avail these benefits.
A fight can create an atmosphere of tension and hostility during the Christmas and mar the spirit of festivity and celebration. Hence, you must ensure that you follow the above tips and more to ensure that your Christmas Eve gets on as planned without any disturbances. What’s more, you should personally keep a keen eye on people who are known for their notorious behavior and picking up fights every now and then.