Of course, computers have become the next best thing to being happy. Even the youngest child of the household is really excited about and gets on the net every once in a while to check out the latest games and play with his/her buddies. That is a common sight, and we cannot really run from it. So well, to keep your computer hale and hearty, you should follow a few steps. But when you look at your system, you would find that a lot of times there are a huge amount of different kinds of files which are really unnecessary and useless on the desktop. But hey, you might not be sure what is good and what can be thrown, right? Well, here’s a simple rule which you can follow and clear up your own mess. The rule is: remember what you use. This would be able to help you get to the next step of clearing out the computer desktop clutter.
Cling and Clutter
A lot of problems can happen because of a cluttered desktop:
• Finding files become a really hard job that you don’t like to do.
• Finding something fast would not be an easy thing to do.
• The desktop looks really dirty and you would end up downloading way too many temporary files.
• Switching your files from one place to another shall be a pain.
• Clutter is such a turn off to look at.
So here’s a guide to start off cleaning your system as soon as possible. Here’s what you do:
• Check and delete all the files you do not use anymore. Do you have copies of the file saved elsewhere? In that case, you can remove it. You can also remove a lot of unwanted shortcuts to applications which are right there on your start menu or quick launch bar. Just hit delete and the unwanted files will be going to the recycle bin.
• Make folders to keep your files in. That makes sense. Instead of going a lot further and sorting out all your icons and files, just put them under the right order, and you shall have some really clean moments with your system. All you have to do is create folders under which you can store files. This way, you can create as many or as few folders you like.
• We often forget the essential Quick launch bar. If something is needed really fast, all you have to do is shift it to the quick launch bar and it would be really fast to download it off that area and clear it out.
• Move all the files to My Documents to save a lot of clutter. All you need to do is to find all the unwanted desktop files, and copy them to the folder. This reduces the irritating need to search, as you know everything is right inside the documents folder.
• Do you know about the desktop cleanup wizard? Strange as it may seem, Windows has a program which lets you make a single folder and remove all unwanted icons from your desktop, depending on the priority they possess.
These tips would help you organize and settle your problems with your desktop.
Suddenly, as you were preparing that important presentation, or beating someone hands down in an online RPG, your computer suddenly stops. You hard drive stops whirling, and suddenly music, sounds, and everything else stop. The screen suddenly goes blue and shows a mass of codes you fail to comprehend. Yes, that is the Blue Screen of Death (BSoD), for your computer.
What is the Blue Screen of Death?
This is a common term used for suggesting the error/stop screen presented by Microsoft Windows. When the computer gets a system error which is irreparable by the computer, the BSoD generally occurs. It is a critical system problem and the screen goes blue to prevent any damage, either physical or data wise, to the computer. This might be a one-time error, or a serious problem.
• Problems with the device drivers
• Errors from programming
• Problem with pages
• Boot disks and drives which cannot be accessed.
• Errors that come from the kernel
A lot of times all you have to do is reboot your computer. You can actually restart the computer, by switching the computer off and then on again, using the on/off button, and closing the power plug. Of course, this might lead to data loss and some damage to your computer’s drives like the hard drive or CD/DVD drive.
BSoD can also occur in new systems when there are device driver issues. However, in most cases a BSoD occurs because of a compatibility issue to older computers. You can minimize the chances by upgrading your computer system and use latest drivers, optimizing your existing computer hardware.
Sometimes you might see the BSoD because of the interactions with some virus, malware or a worm. These often attack processes in your system, and cause this error. This might cause the problem as well.
There are bugs from programs which might cause BSoD. There are times you might be able to get the issue right at the beginning. All you have to do is the following:
1. Find out the cause of the error, like a new device, or driver.
2. Remember which program caused the BSoD, and restart the system.
3. Go to Control Panel and select “Add or Remove Programs”
4. Uninstall the program from the source so that it cannot cause further problem to your system.
Consult a Technician
At times, your BSoD cannot be fixed, no matter how much you try. This specially happens if it occurs during starting or shutting down your computer. If this is the case, consult a computer technician, or call up your computer manufacturer’s support team. The technician can help you repair your system without much problem. once your system is working properly, if you remember a few safety protocol, the BSoD would be affecting you much less as time goes by and you would be able to work with your computer without any further worries.
Let us say your body has a defense mechanism, and while acting against toxic substances, it does something which is known as inflammation, originally taken from the latin “inflammation” which means being “set on fire”. By protecting your body, there are ways your body’s defence mechanism can work.
You can find two types of inflammation:
Acute inflammation – The first response of the body to toxic elements.
Chronic inflammation – This is more important, and longer-lasting.
Common acute inflammation symptoms include:
• The area goes red
• Inflammation of certain parts
• The area begins to hurt
• The area heats up.
• Loss of function of individual body parts
Chronic inflammation can display the following symptoms:
• Running a temperature
• Heightening blood pressure
• Lowered sweating
• Lack of apetite
• Really active inflammation.
• Destruction of tissues
Several causes can be there, like:
• Frost bite
• pathogen infection
• death of skin
• bodily damage
• hypersensitivity reactions
• splinters and other kinds of foreign bodies
Systemic disorder can be also the cause, like
• Surgical complications
Heating the area which has been affected can work wonders for inflammation. In a lot of cases that is the best way of getting rid of it.
Putting something cold on that area like ice can also work really well to bring down the inflammation.
Putting a compress to cinch in the area and reduce the swelling goes a long way too.
Have someone elevate the part of the anatomy to drain off the toxic fluids from the area affected.
Do not move, it might make the pain worse.
You can also go for a professional physiotherapy session to reduce the damage.
Using some kind of support would be able to help you, like a crutch or cane.
If you want to treat the problem then there are several ways to go. You can try from among a lot of choices prescribed by your doctor:
1. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin, ibuprofen or naproxen
3. Anti-malarial medication
4. Anti-rheumatic drugs
5. Anti-histamine for allergic reactions
6. Anti-malarial drugs
Change the way you eat. Eat food rich in Vitamin K and E, and vegetables, fish, bread, poultry can help you reduce such
inflammation. Do not eat too much of sugar and oils, potatoes, eggplants, and fat to relieve yourself of the problem.
Drinking a lot of water and other fluids goes a long way to reduce inflammation.
Eat 1000 mg of nettle leaf extract to reduce cytokine.
Sleep would go a long way to reduce inflammation as well.
You can always approach a doctor and get the area operated on.
Try the wonders of acupuncture.
Dehydroepiandrosterone or DHEA can be replaced and added to your body. This hormone induces the body’s will to fight inflammation.
Eat 1000 mg of carnosine every day. It can stop glycation reactions within your body.
Though inflammation is a kind of defense, it can turn against you if left unaided for long. So do not ignore it, and go to a doctor at first sight of the problem getting serious.
Computers are those things which you cannot live with or without. But cleaning them is surely one of the worst chores you can take up and a lot of people hate doing it for fear of failure. However, we have a solution now which can get rid of the grime easily.
What You’ll Need
Here are some things you may need before trying out any of the suggested methods for cleaning
• Canisters of compressed air or small electric air compressors.
• Anti-static wrist strap
• Dust mask
• Anti-static cleaning cloth
• Natural fiber brush
• Cleaning fluid
• Keyboard vacuum with a non-metallic nozzle
• Small plastic containers
Getting Down and Dirty
• Read the instruction manual. The instruction manual should be your bible if you are new in the game.
• Power off your system. Remove all unnecessary plugs and power cables, and turn of your system. While doing so, you might want to keep an eye out for what fits where, so that you can assemble it back after cleaning.
• Work in an appropriate space. Try doing your work somewhere which is not only clean but also dust free. A closed area would be inappropriate in this case.
• Carefully remove your computer’s CPU case. Use a screwdriver to open up your computer’s CPU case.
• Put on your static wrist strap. Before doing anything put the static wrist strap and dust mask on.
• Vacuum. Use your vacuum to clean out the interior of the computer, carefully brushing down the fans and other areas.
• Air it. Use the canister of compressed air on the computer, not putting it directly in, but from a distance.
• Brush it. Use a static-free brush to brush away the dirt and grime from the interiors.
• Test your cleaning fluid. Check for any negative reactions coming from your cleaning fluid. To do that, just use it on a tiny part of the computer first.
• Cleaning fluid. Use it with any kind of anti-static cloth.
• Leave it to the professionals. You can hire a professional to do the duty as well.
• Clean the panels. Use a static wrist wrap and a cleaning cloth with a smearing of the fluid to clean up the exterior.
• Put it all back. Reassemble your computer after cleaning.
• How often? Once every six months shall do the trick.
Keeping the Dust Away
• Elevate your computer.
• Have a second fan installed.
• Cover your PCI slots.
• Maintain good ventilation.
Don’t Do These
Do not do the following:
• Use a hairdryer.
• Blow on the dust.
• Lose your user’s manual.
Cleaning up your computer can actually lower your chances of changing it every once in a while, and you can get a lot more out of each computer by just maintaining a few steps, following which would help you reduce chances of getting them beyond repair.