Do you find it embarrassing to step out without lipstick? Are you conscious of those unsightly black spots on your lips? Although black spots are a rare occurrence, they have a huge impact on the physical appearance of an individual. Did you know there are several reasons for developing black spots on your lips and also several home remedies to get rid of them?
Causes of the black spots
These spots can occur in both men and women. One of the causes for black spots on lips is excessive sun exposure. It leads to dryness and dark patches on the lips. Intake of hot food or beverages, especially caffeine, is also a cause for development of dark spots. There could be allergies or use of expired products can lead to such skin reactions. Your food intake should be balanced, as excessive levels of iron in the body or a lack of Vitamin B may also be the reason for black spots. Hormonal changes in the body are also factors that lead to discoloration of the lips.
If you take proper care of your lips and use the right remedy, you can easily get rid of black spots on lips. All you need to do is to take daily care of your lips and make certain changes in your lifestyle and you are done.
These natural remedies will not only help reduce the discoloration, but also enhance the beauty of your lips.
- Lemon Juice: Applying lemon juice can get rid of those unsightly black spots because the juice has bleaching properties. With daily application, you will find the spots getting lighter. Squeeze a lemon and use a cotton ball to rub the juice over your lips. Let the juice stay overnight before washing it off the following morning with lukewarm water.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has been touted as a miracle cure for several ailments. And, one such cure is eliminating dark spots from the lips. Apply the vinegar on your lips with a cotton ball and let it stay overnight. Wash off the next day with lukewarm water.
- Beetroot: Although not really a remedy, Beetroot’s red color is an excellent way to mask the spots on your lips. Apply some beetroot juice (fresh) on your lips and watch them transform. Be sure to wear gloves, as the juice stains your fingers.
- Rose Petals and Glycerin: Take a red rose from your garden and remove the petals. Make a paste of the petals in a pestle and mortar with some glycerine. Apply this paste on your lips to get back your natural lip color.
- Hydration: Foremost is to keep your body well hydrated. Drink at least 8 to10 glasses of water to flush out toxins and keep your skin hydrated. Remember, lips don’t have sweat glands and are first to dry out if your body does not sufficient water. This will chap your lips and make the spots stand out.
- Vitamins: Smoking is another cause for black spots. So, if you are a smoker, take Vitamin C supplement. This vitamin spurs the skin to produce collagen that helps in building new skin cells. The stained skin on your lips will gradually be replaced with natural coloured skin
- Iron Supplements: If you need iron on the recommendation of your doctor, find out what is the correct dosage and stick to it. However, if you don’t need these supplements, don’t pump them into your body.
- Caffeinated Beverages: Reduce your intake of coffee and tea. Just reducing one cup a day can make a huge difference to the appearance of your lips.
- Chewing Tobacco: If you are habituated to chewing tobacco, now would be a good time to quit this habit. Not only are you risking cancer, it also is one of the reasons for dark spots on lips.
- Lip Care Products: Always invest in quality lip products. Stay away from old or expired products. Use a chap stick in winter to keep your lips moisturized and lip gloss in summer to prevent them from the harsh rays of the sun. Use pink and red lipsticks until the home remedies take effect.
These colors are great for masking the spots on your lips.