You now can stop shelling out those thousands from your pocket on those expensive body masks at your favorite spa. Wondering why? You can make them at home at your convenience and that too using ingredients that are accessible. The results they yield you are as fabulous as the ones you get at the spa. You can apply them on your own or ask your partner or spouse to wrap you in the mask for romantic appeal.
Here are a couple of body masks you can try at home and the benefits of these are undoubtedly ravishing.
- Coffee Chocolate Body Mask
This is perhaps one of the most sought after body masks at spa. Along with its ability to bestow you with an even skin tone and texture, coffee chocolate body masks are wonderful detoxifiers. They also help in slimming down. Packed with a luscious amount of theobromine, this body mask is a rich source of potassium, calcium, and zinc, all which work in harmonious way to ensure better fat metabolism and hydrating your skin. You can start whipping up your batch of this aromatic mask right away and try it for a glowing, radiant you.
- Instant pure coffee granules – ½ cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – ½ cup
- Honey – ½ cup
- Almond oil or coconut oil – ¼ cup
How to prepare
- Finely grind your coffee along with cocoa powder to a smooth mixture.
- Bring four gallons of water to a boil in a large soup pot. Pour the water over the coffee-chocolate mixture. Mix in honey.
- Keep aside for 20 minutes of the mixture to blend well.
- Mix the grounds with enough almond oil to create a paste.
- Massage the coffee paste into the areas of your skin.
- Sit or lie down in a place where your mask will not be spoiled.
- You can also wrap yourself with a plastic paper and cover the applied area tightly with a bandage or clean towels.
- This will allow extra sweating.
- Wait for half an hour.
- Discard the towels and massage yourself using the fingertips in gentle circular and upward strokes to promote better circulation.
- Rinse off the mask with warm water.
- Pat dry using a clean dry towel.
Prepare the pack as and when you need it as it does not have shelf life.
- Oatmeal and Almond Exfoliating Body Mask
Eliminate the dead cells from your body and tone down your cellulite with this fabulous oatmeal and almond mask. While almonds enrich your body with a succulent level of hydration, oatmeal ensures that the dead cells are removed. You can add milk along with cream to the mixture for lightening your skin and adding a glow. Use this mask twice a week for silky smooth and glowing skin.
- Oats – ½ cup, finely ground
- Almonds – ½ cup, soaked overnight in water, finely ground
- Honey – ¼ cup
- Milk – ¼ cup to ½ cup, depending on the level of thickness
How to prepare
- Mix ground oats with almonds in a large mixing bowl.
- Add honey to the mixture and stir well to ensure proper infusion.
- Mix in milk enough to get a spreadable consistency.
- Apply on your entire body, massaging gently, from bottom toward top, in circular, upward strokes.
- Cover yourself with a towel and wait for 30 minutes or until the mixture dries completely.
- Discard the towel and wash off, massaging in circular motions, with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry.
So, when are you going to prepare these simple, yet fabulous body masks at home? Why not start today and gift yourself a glowing skin?